Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Audio Pilot's First entry

hi all-
I will strive to keep this updated on my life's drama at this point, so everyone can read, if they wish to, what has been going on with the Odums in Sacramento.

Let me begin by stating that I am a believer in Jesus Christ and the Trinity. I know without question that I have been saved by His Grace and Mercy alone. I am a sinner who has a Heavenly Father who loves me in spite of me and calls me His own.
Make no mistake about this. I KNOW I'm not mistaken.

Okay...
At the forefront of my life: my wife of 17 years and 2 children (12 & 7) who define what human-based love is for me.
I'm the most blessed husband and father, bar none. Honestly.
We have a sweetheart of a 2 year old, 85 lb. Doberman/Hound mix and we have our two cats, Shadow and Jazz.
As life moves forward, I will try to bring more aspects of the Odum family life to this forum so that friends and family can learn more about what is happening and what has been happening in our lives, but for now, this Blog will be a sort of "news desk" for me and my life currently; Victories, trials and current state.
Moving forward...


Currently in the hopper, we are progressing through my diagnosis of Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis which has changed our lives from ground zero up.

Add Hyperaldosteronism a.k.a. Primary Aldosteronism: Excess aldosterone in the human body causes sodium retention, which in turn attracts and holds excess water, increasing your blood volume and blood pressure. This is caused by the adrenal glands working erratically and sporadically and not regulating as they should. It causes a loss of potassium, sodium retention and very high blood pressure. Sodium and potassium normally work together to help maintain the right balance of fluids in your body, transmit nerve impulses, and contract and relax your muscles.

Combine those and you have Wade's attention as well as his medical life currently.

Next blog will bring you more of a daily write if I can get my act together...um...Don't hold your breath, k?

peace
w

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...