Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday on the way to Monday

Wow, what a day and what a freakin' week!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I got to speak to the beloved Pastor Margaret who is convalescing and rehabbing from a viscous attack of cancer. It totally brought my spirits up jus hearing her voice. What an incredible woman of God. I'm so blessed just to know her. If you are a pray-er, please be in prayer for her complete recovery and smooth transition to Tennessee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we slept in, kinda, and had a mellow morning for the most part. The kids didn't get their homework done before this morning, so it was a homework morning.

We went to my brother and sister-in-laws house in Shingle Springs for the afternoon and evening; again kick back and mellow paced. We took Annie our dog with us since they live on an acre which is completely fenced in and she seemed to freak at the space and the flight of stairs from the porch to the lower back yard. It took a number of tries and several minutes to get the big chicken down and up the stairs. That have 2 dachshund who Annie learned to get along with, albeit with some snarling on the 2 other dog's parts and Annie just stepping on the main snarler, holding it at bay by stepping on him...She never tried to use her teeth or bite (which is a good thing) but when push came to shove, it was literally push/shove and then hold via paw by Annie. Crazy-

We had a really relaxed time and kicked back. very cool-

I plan to drive tomorrow if God provides; something I haven't been able to do since last Monday morning. You lose a lot of your independence with this thing (HKPP).
There's a doc appt. tomorrow morning and I plan to address quite a few issues. I'll let y'all know were we stand after the appointment tomorrow.

While I'm typing, I'm enjoying the sounds of G3 from 2005: "G3 Live in Tokyo (Petrucci, Vai, and Satriani). I have the MPEG of the entire concert and it leaves me speechless contemplating never picking up a guitar again...They are more than incredible. Last two songs were played by all three: "Foxy Lady" by Hendrix, "La Grange" by ZZ Top and now playing "Smoke On the Water
by Deep Purple. Worth noting is that Vai's bass player for this show was none other than Billy Sheehan. It kinda just makes you sick..in a good way...


Anyway, there you go for today and tonight.
I hope that check back as often as you wish. I don't plan to self indulge via emails much anymore since this makes sharing much easier and doesn't bog down your email accounts with messages you may not to read anyway...so now you can catch up with me via this site if you wish.

peace all-
w

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
B=2 eggs, 2 whole grain toast w/butter
L=?
D=grilled steak, scampi prawns grilled, 7 or 8 spinich tortolini

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...