Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Behind, Once Again...rats.

September 12, 2007

So I've fallen behind by a week again...what's the deal?
This time, it's actually because of better days than because of bad days and I haven’t stopped to write and catch up. The past week has been pretty good, numbers-wise in that my Potassium has been near and around 5.0 which leaves me feeling like I’m nearly normal. The negative to that is that I have been taking 40 Meq of K+ each morning in order to keep my numbers elevated and if I was to cut out the Potassium supplements, my numbers would change towards the lower 4’s then 3’s and I would feel worse and worse. I’m still very sensitive to sodium in my diet and I go through complete body sweats when I have much salt.

Yesterday I was to take a Nuclear Stress Test where a chemical is intravenously put into my system and then I eat and allow my body’s blood to work on the stomach and then they monitor my heart and veins to make certain everything is working properly there. They called the night before to let me know what the fasting guidelines were and I let then know then that I have an intolerance to IV saline but they wouldn’t take me seriously about it and said to just let the RN know in the morning, so…when we (CC and I) got to Radiology the next morning and fasting and all, we told them that saline is an issue and showed them a printed document from my doctor stating such, and they had to call off the test because the medicine has nearly 10% saline, and though there is another medicine that is D5 based, they didn’t plan for that, regardless of my chart notices and such. Pretty frustrating, especially when we forecast that outcome the night before. We have to wait now for another appointment with another medicine.

I had lunch today with my good friend and pastor Josh from FOPC and the minutes just flew and before we knew it, we had been talking for two and a half hours and I was over due to be back home. Oops. It was so good to have time with him and catch up; he has been given such a refreshing point of view that I learn multiple things each time we hook up and talk and I always walk away being blessed and waiting for another opportunity to talk and share.

Tomorrow is Missy’s 13th birthday and she could not be more excited. We are definitely living out a change of person in Missy as she gets older and changes, which has its pros and cons, needless to say. She challenges CC but doesn’t challenge me. Hopefully that will remain and she will back off challenging her mom too. I don’t know what the future holds but I’m hopeful that we have raised her as God wanted us to and that she has been trained in righteous ways. That’s really our main job for these years; to raise Missy and Joshua in the ways of God and prepare them to become God believing and God fearing adults in time.

That being said, I’ll let this go for now so I can finish getting the kids ready for bed…actually see to Joshy finishing his homework and then getting them both to bed. Due to This being a birthday weekend, CC has been cleaning house like crazy and working herself thin. Looking forward to resting sometime, but not yet. Your prayers are coveted continuously for health, safety and His divine touch in and on our lives. If we don’t have Him, we have nothing.

Peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...