Thursday, June 07, 2018

Short Note (2018-06-07)

So the quick of this is that May was reasonably uneventful with the exception of a few things:

1. My parents and I flew back to North Carolina (I stayed for a week and CC flew out on the Friday before our return the following Monday) for an impromptu family reunion centered around my Great Aunt Excelle, who was in failing health.  The trip was FULL of fellowship,  treasures, family stories, AMAZING food, and the world's best Iced Sweet Tea!! (I had sweet tea every single day and multiple times per day!)   :o)  I expect I'll add more details and some pictures, but I'm not ready to do that yet.

2. I had some testing done on my brain's ability to remember things so that I might find some clarity on some concerns I've had regarding short-term memory issues.  Just this week we got the results back and some questions were answered and I'm hugely grateful to have a functioning "baseline" to work from as I age.

3. I received a call from a geneticist who wanted to do further studying of the blood samples my family and I contributed to the 2009 Periodic Paralysis Conference that we attended in Florida.  The result of the phone call was very *positive* and enlightening.  As noted above, I've been struggling with short-term memory issues since the early 2000's and, after this phone call, I'm confident that the majority of what I'm experiencing is directly related to my HKPP.  This was HUGE news for me.  My problem is not solved, but at least now it's better understood.  Praising God for the knowledge.

4. As an addendum to the 1st bullet point above, yesterday I got a call from my dad to let me know that my Great Aunt Excelle passed away yesterday (though I'm really saddened by her loss and the sorrow her family is now experiencing, I'm extremely blessed to have been a part of the trip back there and being able to see her and talk with her, surrounded by the family that loved her.).  Unfortunately, a little while after hearing the news, I dealt with an attack of HKPP and have been recovering since.  :o(  Such is life in this body.

Hopefully, more to come...

~w

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...