Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday night, Feb. 17, 2008

Sunday, February 17, 2008

No hospital stays or ER visits, of which I'm blessed to avoid.
Bouts of weakness, near fainting spells, complete body fatigue and general body spasms with localized chest soreness and pain are now nearly daily but spread out.
My parents came and visited this past week, leaving for home today. I had some truly wonderful time with both, especially with my dad.
Hero?
yes.

I'm still uncertain as to why I am to carry and contend with this ravaging ailment which leaves no moment of any day un-scarred, but then, I'm not blind am I? I'm not dying on a battlefield. I'm not in a coma. As far as we know, cancer and tumors are not in play with me, yet so many others live through those stated alternatives. Some don't live.
Whatever I have, it has to be reckoned against the truth that I have a wife who does still love me in spite of what seems now to be a "jip-deal" on the husband clause (for better for worse), I have a daughter and a son who I can't possibly treasure more than I do and have done. I have parents who are still married well past 50 years and still in love.

May I have the stamina to write more tomorrow and the good sense to follow through with the urge.

The emails that come to encourage are blessings and warmth to a cold, mixed up constitution and body. Thank you for writing them.

-w

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...