Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Greetings Again 2015-04-21

Well it's been quite some time since I posted, mostly because life has been rolling forward and I haven't taken time to just stop and write.  However, being that I've had two hits since a week ago Sunday, I want to get them chronicled.

On Sunday, April 12, CC and I were in the Bay Area at my folk's house (came in for Saturday and Sunday) and Sunday morning I awoke with abdominal cramps that seemed to get more intense as the morning wore on.  This has happened before due to HKPP, but I was not expecting HKPP to be a factor.  Longer story short, we had to leave my parent's earlier than planned because it became clear that a Hit was in progress and we wanted to be back home to deal with it.  This Hit was the most severe I've had in many months and lasted  roughly 5 hours, including difficulty breathing and swallowing, two things I have come to NOT take for granted.  Because of these parameters, fear was also complicating matters for me as well and made for a very stressful drive back for CC.  I didn't fully recover until the following Friday.

Then, on Saturday, April 18 (the day after finally recovering), we went to Old Town Sac with some family from out of town, and walked quite a bit and we were in the sun/heat.  After returning home, I went upstairs to lay down due to abdominal cramps again (and over-all nausea and fatigue).  Missy wasn't home yet and CC and Josh took the puppies to a dog park for a brief stint, so, bottom line, I was home alone.  After laying down and watching some TV, I began to get confused on what I was watching, what time it was and who was home, etc, then realised I couldn't get out of bed and then I knew what was happening...again.  This was much more of a Crash than a Hit, though breathing became difficult again.  CC and Josh came home sometime during the onset, though  I'd had enough time to panic that I was alone while this was transpiring.  I was able to walk unassisted again by Sunday night.

We treated both attacks with O2 and CRASH mixtures (16oz of water combined with 3 tabs of Effer-K, Magnesium Taurate and Vitamin C ).  What I eventually remembered is that sometimes the abdominal cramps are due to paralysis of the abdominal muscles, which is where the paralysis started both of these times.  I know this because of the centralized, localized sustaining weakness that remains even after the Hit or Crash takes place.

I'm still dealing with quite a bit of fatigue and lack of strength as a result, but life keeps moving forward and so will I, one way or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...