Sunday, October 12, 2008

Attack-less Sunday Night Late

Sunday, October 12, 2008...

Well, it's late again and, though I need to get to bed, it's worth noting that I've made it through the weekend without an attack, which in turn means that my last attack was a week ago last Thursday; I think I'm on day 10. Having noted that, it is also relevant to include that I have been battling a variety of newer issues including: harsh muscle pain behind the eyes, spasms in the eyes themselves as well as spasms in the eye lids, neck and jaw locking as well as muscle cramping in my neck, in my calves, my feet and toes. These "attacks" are not as long lasting per se as the full body hits are, but they take me down when they strike just the same. Those hits have been daily for a month or so now.

Joshy won his soccer game yesterday but I did not go to it due to the chill factor and my body's disdain for cooperating with me.
The very last thing I want is for something to happen with me while at one of their soccer games. I was very proud of him though, and he knows it.

We made it to church this morning at Sunrise Community, which was very cool to accomplish. I think the kids might be easing up on their holding out for us to go back to Capitol Christian. We really, really like Capitol Christian, but the church is simply too far away for us to effectively connect on any kind of weekly basis. Church this morning was taught by the Senior Pastor and I appreciated his approach to teaching this morning; he taught from the scriptures and kept the message historical as well as biblical instead of preaching a lesson or thought. It really worked for me. We'll see what next week holds for us. When we left, Joshy wanted to be with me and I told CC that I wanted to just ride my chair home and meet them there instead of load it back onto the van and ride back that way. Joshy said he wanted to go with me too, so he and I left together and eventually met the ladies back at the house. Very cool thing was that I had Joshy sit on my lap with me and I leaned the chair back a little bit and he kicked back like that all the way home; probably a mile and a half ride. I loved the intimate time with him while just rolling along together. there will come a day when he won't want that time with me or will be too big for me to hold on the chair, so I need to get all I can in now...

Having read quite in depth in Jude and using the concordance to dig deeper, I'm now reading in First Samuel each morning as well as late at night when I eat my snack before going to bed. My spiritual resolve is strengthening daily and I'm no longer hypocritical in asking my children to read their bibles.

CC began feeling punk a little while after church today, so if you wouldn't mind to, please be praying for her to be healed from whatever is bringing her illness and that God would restore her to strong health.


Lastly, a couple notes from 1 Samuel:

In the NIV, it notes that two believing and saved parents does not guarantee God-fearing, saved children as well as that an office of spiritual leadership does not guarantee a legit spiritual leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...