Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Evening Short

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My good and dear friend Dan Burke came up to visit me (us) yesterday (Monday) morning and stayed until late this morning, when he headed back to the Bay Area. I cannot begin to express the joy and blessing he brought to me by his visit. We love him dearly and had a great time visiting. The only downside is that my body was unhappy with my consistent attention to him and not remaining in a state of better restfulness. There is a price to be paid, but I'm TOTALLY good to pay it. He really blessed me.

God bless you, Dan-O. Thank you.

During our visit yesterday afternoon, my body began to fade out on me and I had to nap, so we took a break from talking and I went to sleep there in the chair while he began to watch some football. I woke up a few hours later to see him asleep as well on the couch, game still on and going. I was glad he was able to sleep as well. While I was resting, falling asleep, I felt the spasms start and dealt with a number of myoclonic hits/jerks but nothing manifested from there. I felt beaten after napping and the same this morning as well, so I know I had a "muted" attack of some kind because of how I felt then and even now. Still paying.

CC made dinner for us and the kids and we all ate dinner together; something that doesn't happen as often as we want, more often due to me not feeling well enough to sit at a table to eat. Many dinners are dinners in bed simply due to how life is right now. Tonight was a treat in and of itself, being able to fellowship with each other over good food.

I'm staying on O2 more often now to give me the best shot at a "good day", so to speak. It helps. I sleep with a CPAP and also O2 which helps me get a deeper sleep. It is not unusual for me to not move while asleep, when using the CPAP and O2 which means good sleep but very sore muscles as well. Another Catch 22. Yip-yo.

Neurology appt. next week to look into memory issues which still plague me daily. We'll see what come from that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...