Thursday, March 12, 2009

It is Now Time to Write (a little, anyway)

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another attack today; actually, it was this afternoon after playing some repetitive, competitive intense Xbox. I know that sounds silly and such, but I've come to realize that the intensity with which I play Xbox (and other video games) equates directly to physical stress, which, in a typical body, would simply leave the person a bit tired or perhaps somewhat exhausted. Unfortunately, in my system, that same stress now manifests itself in the form of adrenalin that won't shut off (due to the malfunctioning adrenal glands) and potassium is no longer transferred properly or timely within my cells and thus an attack of some magnitude ensues. This attack today cost me, roughly, 4 hours on the couch with full spasms and all, but not as intense as it could have been. I'm thankful for that.

It's 11:39 PM and I went to bed over 2 hours ago, but could not fall asleep and was feeling nauseous due to skipping dinner (I was still crashed on the couch), so I got up and had some cereal and am now waiting for "sleep" to let me know that I can go to bed again and actually fall asleep this time.

Last night, I spent a few hours transferring some old demo tapes (from '87) on cassette into the computer. In fact, there were 3 sets of demos for one band I was lead vocalist for for a number of months; I was their second singer of three during the longevity of the band. In hindsight, it was a very cool experience to have undertaken and done, though I regret that we were never able to perform while I was involved. I still communicate with three of the four original members, which is very cool. It is huge to me now, to be able to connect with friends from all time periods of my life and, without a doubt, my musical landscape was cultivated and shaped by my friendships; something I did not understand or realize at the time, but I am very thankful for it now. May God richly bless you Mikey, Scott, Phil and even John (who never liked me and did not want me in the band). They were RSF (the band).

I guess I'm getting tired now.
Current favorite song is Coldplay's "Viva La Vida"
Current favorite Xbox game is "Lost Planet"
...there's more, but I'm too tired now to keep going.

Until later-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...