Monday, August 24, 2009

Quick Note

 

Just a quick catch up to share that we went to Sacramento’s performance of “Cat’s” last night, which was fun to do as a family though I paid the price as we were leaving with a fairly full hit (though more brief than others) on the way home.

Today saw no “hits” per se, but I did suffer a crash in the afternoon that I could barely wake up from; I must have slept for a couple hours solid.  It cost me time playing with Joshy which had me mad at myself.  I know it sounds odd, but I think it might have been a result from eating a sugarless candy; though the candy does not have direct sugars in them, they have a sugar alcohol noted in the carbs section and I’m wondering about that.  I went down pretty fast.  Dunno.

CC had an outpatient surgery to remove a cyst from the center of her back.  I was allowed to be in the room with the surgeon and nurse during the procedure.  CC amazes me; her pain threshold surprises even most doctors and her strength is unquestionably God-given.  What we thought was a small marble-size cyst has actually gone deeper into her back  and was not spherical in shape, to our surprise, nor was it as small as surmised.  End result, she’s got a recovering wound in the center of her back and the *duty*/responsibility tables are now turned, in that, she cannot pick up, lift, stretch for, push or pull without risking opening her stitches, and WE must cover EVERY aspect for her so that her recovery is complete and without complication.  Anticipation and calculation are going to be key ingredients over the next couple weeks.

Both kids began schools today: Missy as a Freshman and Joshy as a 5th grader.  They both reported having great days at school and seeing friends.

Lastly, I don’t know about your neck of the woods now, but around here, it is Black Widow season and I’ve got Widow webs all over the yards, patio and even retaining walls.  I HATE Black Widows.  There…that oughta give you good dreams…   :o)

That's it for now-

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...