Thursday, January 07, 2010

The New Year…



Well, we are into the New Year now by 7 days and I’m starting out the year behind (already) in my blogging, but hopefully I will maintain a reasonable pace in my writing so that I can keep this more regularly updated.


It’s 10:40 now and I want to get to bed sooner than later, so this will likely not be very long or very in depth and might be off a little regarding what happened what day…


Christmas Eve: Christmas eve was very low-key due to a few of us feeling poorly and just needing to be low profile, but we were, all 4 of us, altogether and truly enjoyed our time together watching Christmas movies all day and cuddling with each other. It was a very intimate family time and most memorable for me in a good way.


Christmas day: Missy woke us up a little after 8 AM and began the day with notable excitement. Both kids truly reflected the wonderful, hopeful child and spirit within themselves and CC and I really enjoyed watching them open their presents. Much later in the day, my aunt and uncle and my 2 cousins (their 2 boys/men) came over and celebrated Christmas with us as well, which was a real treat for all of us. They have HUGELY impacted our lives over the past 7 years in incredible ways; sharing their love, their time, their energy and their tireless support in spirit. I solidly believe that God had them in mind when He called us to Fair Oaks Presbyterian and its community. I could easily go on, but it’s getting later, so…*sigh*…this was either on the 25th or 26th…


Also on Christmas day, I had to deal with an attack, but thanks to the Effer-K (the effervescent potassium medication), the attack was shorter in duration, thus minimizing the resulting muscle damage and trauma. This is a good thing.


We spent the following week at our house, enjoying the Christmas time and then we went to the Bay Area for a packed 4 day visit with my parents and sister’s family. We were able to see some additional family folks, but were not able to see many of our friends, as we had hoped we would, and that bummed me out. We had another Christmas “morning” type of present celebration on New Year’s day, once all three families got into one place at one time and that was a wonderful time together. Unfortunately, also during our time there, I had an attack on New Years Eve and 2 attacks on New Years day…and that sucked. Yes, the meds did their thing, but those attacks were more painful and lasted longer than I would hope they would have, and they impacted everyone at the family gathering, which was all the more frustrating. We made it home early Sunday afternoon and got a good head start on the coming school and work week.


School and life patterns are back into swing and coming up to speed accordingly, and though I’m not attack-free, I am *feeling* much better than I did over the past 3+ years and subsequently, I am more confident and creative and happier; I’m coping better.


Lastly, we took some family pictures a few weeks back and they came out pretty dang cool. I’ll see if I can include the .pdf I sent out and a pic of the 4 of us, plus Annie…

peace all-




...and the link to the PDF is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...