Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back From Hell

 

Kind of a dramatic title, but it fits in many ways.  Yesterday, Saturday, started out fairly “normal” for me but by 10:30 or 1100 am, I was in severe pain.  The pain radiated from my lower intestines and was inconsolable; no matter what I did, I could not make it stop.  By noon-ish, CC had called 911 and I was in the ER by 12:30.  I stayed in the ER until 8 or 9.  I’ll not go into detail (you’re welcome) but the bottom line appears to be that the muscles in and around my lower intestines and colon have become intermittent and thus resulting in excruciating pain.  I cannot begin to describe (nor will I) how the day progressed.  My body eventually cooperated a little which gave me some relief, but it was brutal.  CC stayed with me the entire time and was solely responsible for keeping my HKPP at bay during the whole thing.

…next…?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...