Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday, July 27, 2007

Chronicle of Wednesday and Thursday (July 25-26)
Wednesday we drove to San Jose to pick up CC’s niece and take her and our two to a place called The Jungle which is vaguely similar to Chuck E Cheese only 100x better. Anyway, we met Angel (CC’s niece by her oldest sister Kimmy) while there from 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM, early on in our 6 hour stay, I ate a piece of pepperoni pizza and was immediately struck by profuse sweating and nausea and overwhelming tiredness/fatigue. Because of the noise level at these kid playhouses (like Chuck E Cheese and The Jungle and Bamboola, etc) I try to bring ear plugs so I can lessen the noise level and this trip was no different. I put my ear plugs in and succumbed to my fatigue with about a 3 hour+ nap and over-all weakness that fallowed me the rest of the day.
We left there and went to Red Robin where we ate sparingly and I had chicken pieces and a few fries. Cramps followed through the early evening and we ultimately made it home without incident that evening.
Thursday, however, we slept in for a little while and then got up and started our days in “normal” fashion, relatively speaking when just around noonish, while I was reading an email, I was overcome by weakness, fatigue and a sense of lack of control (emotionally and physically) and I made my way to our bed by using the walls to stabilize me and steady me as I moved down the hall.
CC came in a short time after and I was in spasms and sweating but icy cold. She gave me a dose of liquid K+ and my muscle relaxers as well as pain meds but besides the K+, the rest are all pill from and I just had to wait for them to take effect which seemed like it took forever. I gave up somewhere in the process and said I didn’t care if she took me to ER or not but she stayed with me and monitored me until my body settled down eventually. This one didn’t scare the kids as much as the times before…I guess they’ve gotten used to seeing me nearly completely incapacitated…not that that is a good thing necessarily, but in this case at least they weren’t scared that I was going to die like a couple times before.
No discernable numbness while I was aware this time, though it may have happened during the previous night’s attempt at sleep. I don’t know.

Today I awoke to feeling like I had been beaten severely with a bat or board; everything hurt, even the bottoms of my feet which were cramping and spasming distinctly this time. Today was a definite cane day and tomorrow will likely be as well.

Until later-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...