Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday, July 08, 2007 pt. 2

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back from errands and such earlier. It’s now 6:40 PM and I had to lay down for a rest for a couple hours after we got home. Another aspect of this whole medical thing is, and I guess I’ve addressed it before, is that I simply don’t have the energy to handle a full day of activity. Very frustrating and morally defeating.

A few days ago, with the crucial help of a good buddy of mine from the Bay Area, Brian Kunz (he was my “Number One” while I worked at MPPC) who came up to visit this past week, I put together another MySpace address. Brian’s help was crucial because he showed me how to post music to the site. My music writing partner for several years and one of my very best friends and brother for many years, Scott Rose and I wrote several tunes in the many years we were writing and performing together and we recorded four songs while CC and I lived on Elm Street in San Carlos and these four songs were kinda known among us as the Elm Street recordings (at least that’s how I recalled them). There are 4 songs on the site. The site is
http://www.myspace.com/scottnwade and there’s nothing else there but those tunes so far. I checked with Scott (after the fact, though) and he felt cool with posting the tunes. It would have been better to check with him FIRST, but I got head strong and wanted to accomplish it…sound familiar anyone? Anyway, if you’re curious, go to http://www.myspace.com/scottnwade and you can check out the 4 tunes. Scott played bass on each tune and sang background vocal on each tune as well as well as ghost lead vocal on a couple which stayed on the recording, He and I wrote the music to each of the tunes as well. I think we both programmed the drums as well, sitting together at Elm Street. I wrote the lyrics and sang lead on the tunes and played lead and rhythm guitars as well. My two favorite songs are “Space Mountain” and “Beauty of the Flame”. The latter was written during the conclusion of a sermon at King’s Way Church while Pastor Ron Rezendes was preaching about the burning of Rome and Nero’s wickedness. It’s as close to actually “feeling” inspired and directed to write a set of lyrics as I have ever been.

I can safely say that I have not worked with as gifted a player and writer as Scott. He lives in North Dakota with his wife Kristy and son Adam. We both have been catching up with each other as time permits, but I realized that without him, I don’t have mush of any inspiration to play…just the way it is. A best friend and a brother and an inspiring bassist, unlike any other I have heard or worked with. I’ve worked with some incredible bassists (Jared and Kev come to mind) but my history with Scott is several years (back to ’84 or ’85) and we moved to LA together to pursue music, learned some spiritual realities together and wrote some of my most memorable musical favorite songs together over the span of close to 22 years, if you think about it. His family website is
http://www.ourrosegarden.com/ where you can see pics of his family and especially his son Adam.

Well, there’ll be more later but for now, I’m feeling poorly and just want to lay down.
Scott, when you read this, know that I miss you bro.

7:20 PM now...

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...