Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some Quick Thoughts

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This past Sunday morning, we were at Capitol Christian Center for the 11:15 service. During the service, I was struck deeply by two things; the first was something said by the Youth Pastor there at the church, as he was being interviewed; while conversing with Pastor Rick Cole regarding his new born son's recent diagnosis of Down Syndrome, he said "God is not surprised." in context of an infant diagnosis. God knows what is happening to who at all times and is not surprised. Somehow, I am able to grasp that statement and believe it even though I am often surprised by my own shadow at times. That statement has stuck with me ever since and it is comforting.
The second thing that struck me was a video that was played during the sermon to illustrate a main point of Pastor Rick's message.

Go here http://www.ccconline.cc/sermons/video_detail.html?id=183

I'm off to a dr appointment to Xray my right wrist. More later-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...