Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2013.05.14

Took a gamble today and followed through on my offer to volunteer as a judge for the Casa Roble Senior Boards.  
I was at Casa from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM, just me, my backpack of needs and the rest of the folks involved   I didn't need anyone with me or standing over-watch while I participated.  Nor did I need my motorized chair, walker or even cane!!  I just don't know how to express just how truly God is incredible...to say the very least.  He has allowed me to have strength back into this broken/muscularly-messed-up body, and Lord God knows that I am TRULY the least of anyone deserving this reprieve, let alone A reprieve of any sort.  He has proven His Grace and Mercy to be MORE than sufficient for me, minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day and, truly, year after year.  It's by His Mercy and Grace that I can even type at this point in my life, as well as talk, write/play music and even sing from time to time.  It's nothing less than a Gift of His and is nothing but His Grace and Mercy at work in this beat-up, broken shell.

This time last year (actually, less than a full year), I was still re-learning how to play guitar, speak without slurring my words and walk without the need of my walker.  Even a human body in the early stages of recuperation from a confirmed stroke remains under the sovereignty of Christ and His Will and Healing.
This is something I've needed to say for some time now and I'm humbled and grateful that I even can.

One of God's hands in my recovery and over-all strengthening has been Mark McCoy from PT Clinics, not just from last year, but since the disease kicked into gear in 2006 and began really kicking my butt.  Mark has stood by me, counseled me, consoled me, corrected me and he and Kathy have supported me (and my family) and began a regiment of massage and therapy that kept the disease on its heals, teaching me and my muscles to fight back and hold the ground.  Without Mark and his amazing teams and staff, I would either be thoroughly bedridden or hospitalized to this day, no question.  It has been an honor and true blessing to have been treated by the best in the PT industry, http://www.ptclinics.com .  God will often use the people in your life to make His changes within your life, so keep your eyes open for His touch and your ears open for His voice, even in the midst of pain and confusing distraction.

It's 8:52 PM: Time for bed; I do the boards again tomorrow all-day as well!!!  Awesome.
peace-
w




No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...