Thursday, May 23, 2013

2013-05-23

 

Here it is on Thursday, May 23, 2013 and my daughter graduates high school tonight…I’m still reeling from this fact…proud, very proud, but in constant state of adjustment.

Last week was monumental for me; I volunteered for the Casa Senior boards (8 hours both Tuesday and Wednesday) and was without my chair and the need for my cane.  :o)  Then on Thursday, I was with Jayden (I mentored him for learning guitar for his 8th grade board or ISP) while he presented his song he learned and then went 2 classrooms down and was with Joshua while he had Annie present to show what he had learned for dog training during his ISP.  All of this without need of my chair and cane (for the most part) and then came Friday which was the 7-8th grade final dance and I chaperoned for the evening.

Missy’s Senior Ball was the following night, but I didn’t get to go…  :o)  She, Eli, Winter and Jacie looked amazing; Eli flew in from Colorado that morning to be there with her, very classy.

Sunday was recovery day but each day had been good.

Monday afternoon and evening came with a hit, the first in almost 2 months+.  Worthy of noting is that the hit came as a result of my losing my balance and falling, hitting my head.  Missy and Eli helped me up and I walked to my bedroom on my own power but the spasms began shortly afterward and the “ride” was on for I don’t know how long.  Tuesday was a recovery day and Wednesday was back to feeling 75%.

I’ve been working on walking between 2 and 5 miles a day without assistance and I cannot begin to express how incredible that feels.

Time to make sure Joshua is ready to go to school…

peace

w

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...