Monday, May 13, 2013


2013.05.12

How can it be Mother's Day, 2013??  When I was, oh, so much younger, it sometimes felt like time was passing so slowly...but now?  Like a freakin' zip-line with grease.
“Happy Mother’s Day” to my mom, to my wife, to my sister, to my aunts, my sister-in-laws, and especially to Nana, who I miss, and to family and friends, close and far.

Looking back on the last blog entry, it was last year.  I've really no excuse for letting this lapse like it has, though I have encouraging news to share; as of today, I am the strongest I have been in nearly 7 years.  I've held off sharing this on the HKPP list and on the PPA.org site because I think that I we can often get caught up in the moment or emotion of something and then "post" something I feel is significant change, while actually still riding the same coaster I've been on.  Not sure if that makes complete sense, but I feel that there are some good, solid things to share, now that it has been a matter of months, not days or just weeks.

And just like that, we are now on Monday…*sigh*
Okay, let’s see if I can get this done.

First, must have music-flow…..
How about some Herbie Mann from 1972?  
Yes, I think so.  Recorded Live at the 1972 New York and Montreux Jazz Fesivals.      




So, what I want to share is this: I am much stronger physically and even Spiritually than I was even 6 months ago.  One of my dearest friends since grade school days, Harry “Renegade” Reynolds, came up visiting from Southern Cal and he spent many hours and late nights researching HKPP, Periodic Paralysis and my vitamin/electrolyte levels and after he shared what he was finding (my system was consistently low on Magnesium and still on Potassium, we upped my K+ intake substantially and added fair amounts of Magnesium as well and the change is significant and has raised my quality of life greatly.  I still have to contend with attacks from time to time and my superman cape still doesn’t fit, but I’m stronger, which is ULTIMATELY due to the True Superman, Christ and His mercy on me, a speck of human dust in the whole plan of things.  He hears our prayers; please don’t give up on that, even when I do.
For those who fight this disease as I do, PLEASE take a good, solid look at your Magnesium levels and see if there might be some room for improvement.  And, if you are so willing, please shoot me an email or leave a comment here to let me know if anything changes for you.

There is SO, SO very much more to catch up on, especially family-wise, but I’m getting tired, so this will have to do for now.

Peace and love from here, I’m so sorry it has been so long since my last post.  :o(

-w

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...