Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday, June 22, 2007

This morning allowed us family time with Kari and John before they left for Santa Cruz. All 4 of us went with them to Annie's in Orangevale and had brunch together. Just like dinner was the night before, this time with them was like gold to me. They bring warmth, love and happiness wherever they go and to whoever they see. We were so blessed to have them with us for dinner then brunch. Pray that God will grant them safe travels for the rest of their journeys on this trip.

It's evening time (actually, it's 11:19 PM) and about 2 hours ago, Annie had her first (and hopefully last) cornering and one on one with a smaller sized skunk.
Annie took the spray straight in the face; both eyes, nose and in her mouth but was still ready for round two until CC was able to get her away and into her crate.
The vets suggested a cocktail with hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dawn detergent instead of the tomato paste,soup,juice of days gone by. The vet's concoction worked great, under the circumstances and I tied Annie to a trailer post in the front yard and then hosed her down so we could wash her. To say she was "unhappy" is an understatement, but the bath, though very cold, was very necessary.
Wildlife scoring versus Annie to date:
Squirrels: infinity to 0 (Annie will never catch them and they know it)
Rats: 0 to 1 (she ran it down and closed the deal.)
Skunks: 1 to 0
Raccoons: 0 to 0
Possums: 0 to 1 (Had we let Annie continue, she would have closed the deal.)
Birds: infinity to 0 (Annie will never catch them either and they also know it. She just likes to make them fly away.)

Proud dad:
I tried to go under the house today to move a Comcast cable from its current location to a preferred location. Some will suggest that it was stupid to try, but I won't know what I can do until I try. Anyway, Joshy was with me and wanted to watch me go under the house. After trying and realizing that I could not, I told him that couldn't do it and he looked under the house and promptly said "I think I can do it dad; do you want me to?"
End result? Da boy army crawled under the house using my headlamp and a mag light and pulled on the cable unsuccessfully, however he was MORE than successful in my eyes! I was and am so proud of him!

That's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...