Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Recovering

October 2, 2007

I have rebounded fairly well from Sunday afternoon's hit. I had felt somewhat poorly earlier that day and had been fairly active on Friday and Saturday. I had been kneeling on the ground for quite some time, cleaning up after a storage bin had fallen off one of our shelving units. The bin contained several of my 8mm, VHS, audio cassette and CDs and was located directly underneath a container of auto coolant that was leaking directly into my bin of collectibles.
I don't know how long I was down there, but it had been a while inspecting and cleaning off each and every salvageable cassette that I could. When I began to stand up I realized that I might be having a problem and began to lean on my cane for balance and support. I heard Joshy call for Mommy who was working a little distance away and then all of a sudden she was holding me up and then the next moment I was sitting in a chair. She and Missy carried me into the house and I spent the remainder of the day on the couch with soreness, spasms, lightheadedness and complete weakness.
Yesterday, Monday, I spent in bed all day due to weakness and very sore feet, ankles and such.
I am able to walk fairly well today with the cane but am still sore from front to back, hands to feet.

Bright spots:
- More cuddle time with Missy and Joshy
- We attended church on Sunday (Capital Christian)
- We got a fair amount of nitty gritty done in the garage before and after my issue.
- We had quite a fun mellow day on Saturday afternoon over at my brother and sister-in law's place (with their two young boys). One of CC's older sisters was there with her husband and their daughter as well as Nana (though she spent the whole time lying on the couch napping or acting like she was napping. It was good to be there and hang out.
- I got to speak to my bro Harry who lives in Long Beach; my brother who I miss very, very much. One of these days I will post some of his drawings on here to brag on how talented he is.
- I got a voice mail from my brother Carl. Carl and Madoli are two special and good friends who have been there for me/us over the past year of our suffering and I value them both. I still value my whole Media Tech team, though I don't get to see them or hear from them very much. When I do see them, it's always a blessing to me and warms my heart.

Concerns are:
- That I did not see Sunday's attack coming and that I could have easily fallen on my face if CC had been there a second later. I'm a blessed husband with a seriously strong wife. I weigh 225
- That my main caring doctor is on a long vacation from October 1 through November 20 and I will have need of medicine refills in between which has me nervous.
- That an irreversible process has begun with regard to our home and mortgages and that we are uncertain that we have definitively heard God's direction for where we are and where we are to go. It was our prayer to work out staying here somehow, coordinating with the mortgage companies, but we don't know yet what their answer is. Continued prayers are begged for on this topic, please.

That's it for now.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...