Sunday, October 28, 2007

10 days later...AGAIN! Grrrrrrrrrr...

Sunday, October 28, 2007

It’s 7:34 in the morning and I got up 34 minutes ago. I awoke from a dream wherein I was struggling to contain a snake of black color and a snake of white color and get them into a case of some kind that kept changing shapes as well as the snakes changing body sizes so that they were escaping through the netting of one container then returning to the larger snake size they had been to begin with.
I’d rather be awake.

I’m sorry not to have kept this up to date any better than I have. Joshua and I have both been contending with some kind of virus with Josh getting the worst of it, no doubt. He had a fever of 104° for nearly 5 to 6 days and missed last week of school as well as the Friday before. The virus manifested in me with stomach cramps, daily weakness, lightheadedness; a kind of set of significant HKPP symptoms on a daily basis.
Friday evening we were out with the kids and CC suggested Fresh Choice for dinner. We were on our way there when symptoms began to ht but I felt that I could get through it so we could have a small dinner out.
I was wrong.
CC said that after getting inside that I began to lose it while standing in line to pay and she helped me get to the booth the kids chose. Somewhere after that my hands went numb and CC gave me some K+ undiluted, a memory I’ll not soon forget, but it did not immediately restore me so she said that she and Missy, each under one arm, carried me out to the car and then back home to the couch. That’s the first time at a restaurant and the first time of numbness in quite some time. It scared me. I guess they all do, scare me that is, in some fashion or form. So yesterday was pay the price day, as is today.

Cool note: Joshy and I have been writing a song together with him playing some guitar and some keyboards. He even wants to sing on it too! How COOL is that?? The only negative is that he doesn’t want to wait to do it, even if I am feeling poorly, he is quite anxious to keep going.
Also, I found a rough tape demo from my Forthright days (Christian Metal/Rock) and will figure out how to post it so you can hear what I did “back in the day”.

That’s all for now. More later…Sooner…sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Hi there. I found your blog from the "At the Front Lines with Periodic Paralysis" blogroll. I have only recently discovered that the mysterious paralyzing episodes that I have experienced since I was 11 (now I am 33) are periodic paralysis and not just panic attacks as every doctor has told me. What an ordeal we go through. I understand the fear. I can't imagine much more scarier sensations than these. Understanding what is happening has been such a help to me though. For the first time I am able to take some potassium and recover so much faster than ever before. I wish you well and pray that you find solutions and things improve soon.

    Maren
    marensgarden.com

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...