Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday night...

Monday, December 17, 2007

Officially, our relationship with Comcast has ended, and to their credit, one of their supervisors called me regarding a letter I sent them sharing my shock and complete frustration in response to a phone conversation with one of there “Customer Service” representatives…nonetheless, it is done and our active email addresses are now, ONLY:

Audiopilot@surewest.net

V12pilot@surewest.net

WCOdum@surewest.net

Bachie77@surewest.net

Missymae@surewest.net

Joshuado@surewest.net

Think that’s enough email addresses? I’m thinking they’ll do for now…

I’ve been resting and staying down for the whole day (so far) which is much harder than one would think it is, at least for me anyhow. Even with remaining down and eating a very specific diet, I’m still experiencing intense sweats, so much so that my glasses fog and have to be wiped off, as well as my mouth becoming salty from the sweat coming from below my eyes; probably more info than most would want to know, but the original goal of this blog is to chronicle my experiences instead of just being a generic family update so I hope you’ll bear with me.

Since I’m on the topic, it’s worth mentioning, even again if I have already done so, that when I sweat, it’s not from feeling hot as one would think, I feel very cold and skin-wise am cold and clammy to the touch; something NONE of the doctors have even TRIED to share a thought on. Right now, I’m sitting on our bed, typing away, while I’m wearing a long sleeve shirt, Emu moccasins/slippers, silk long johns (they breathe better than any other long john fabric I know) and my pull on cap, yet I’m very cold to the touch and feel as close to “normal” as I can. You’d say, “Take off the cold weather stuff, once you’re indoors (especially if the over-all temp is about 70 degrees) and your body will level out.” But unfortunately for me, I become even colder and chills (violent muscle spasms) start up when I dress “normally”. If I go outside now in this pretty cold season, I have to dress twice as warm as anyone else. Those of you whom I got to see during the Summer and Autumn months where the temps were in the 90’s, will probably remember that I was wearing long sleeves, vests, hats etc, which would “normally” be unbearable in that heat. Either my body’s thermostat is just as whacked as my muscle make-up is or I’m fighting some kind of virus which is causing fevers that my system addresses normally, except that I take a fair amount of Tylenol each day that will mask any fever temperature. Personally, I think my system has begun to glitch, either due to some kind of virus or genetic disease.

I had BBQ pork for dinner with steamed rice, a small sweet potato and some salad, but it wasn’t until I ate 1/3rd of a sugar cookie that my back began to ache painfully. Definite reaction to the sugar.

That’s it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...