Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday Night Review

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I suppose it should not come as a shock to me, but I got to thinking this morning, while installing some software, that for the time being, I cannot be left alone for any extended period of time. How strange is that? It’s strange to me and uncomfortable but it is reality and something I must accept without angst, or at least with as little angst as possible.

I slept fairly well last night and I believe that is due to changing what had been a modified pill allotment , back to its directed prescription. All that means is that I had been experiencing very slow and groggy mornings for a while and so my doc’s approval of CC’s suggestion to cut two of the night time medicine quantities back by half have been changed back to the original prescription. Wow. Still verbose even WITH effort.

*Sigh*

Annie no longer barks at my Aunt and Uncle when they come over and let themselves in; no issues at all with their entrance even through the front door. Same as for my parents too. Speaking of Annie, I’ve now watched a couple episodes of “The Dog Whisperer” and I have learned a lot and become more resolute in my convictions of how to walk Annie and treat her as well as how the rest of the family should be treating her because it will take all 4 of us to treat her the same for her to come more inline with her nature as a pack animal and human companion.

I’ve been working with Joshua on his D&D characters (he now has 2 of them and plans to create 1 more) for the game I wish to begin with him and Missy. Both of them expressed great interest in playing the game and my hopes include the probability of having some fun, family time with them. CC would rather watch the game take place or will use the “found” or created free time to do things she wants to do without worrying about where the kids are and what they’re doing.

Having played the game from the middle of my high school years through all of my college years, often playing with as many as 8 to 10 players (Seriously FUN games with much action and activity) or as few as 3 or 4 players, I have wonderful memories of the many campaigns we went on in the games seeking adventure, fun and mayhem, all within the walls of our creative minds. We never took the games seriously, though we were passionate about how we played. There was a friend of mine from my high school years who was very serious about the game, so much so that it became uncomfortable to play the game with him involved because everything was personal and real in a sense for him, it seemed. At one point, we had around 8 of us playing at one of my friend’s houses (we took over the house for the weekend when his parents left for the 3 day holiday so we played a 36 hour campaign without stopping…ingesting caffeine by the tablet (nodoze) and by the can and two liter. Anyway, partway into the game on the Friday night, the phone rang at the house and it was this other friend I was mentioning who took things in the game too seriously, and he wanted to be allowed into the game over the phone. Seems he wanted to “get even” with one of the group that was gathered and playing with us that night, so he wanted to be allowed into the game for the express purpose of killing that person’s main character. The Dungeon Master was aware of intent and wanted nothing to do with the scenario but the friend would just call back over and over to get into the game. It was suggested that the next time he called, allow his character into the came and then have the DM kill off his character via a bolt of lightening from the rainy sky and that would close the books with the guy. That was what we did and the friend went nearly crazy on the phone afterward, threatening us for what we had done to his character. After that weekend, our friendship had reached an impasse; I saw the game as fun and a way of enjoying one another creatively, but he saw the game as an extension of his reality and his character was another facet of his own personality, as in he was living out aspects of life he was uncomfortable with, as the character instead of himself.

Also, some time before that, some real rich kid in college back East couldn’t cope and convinced himself that he had indeed become one with his made up character and to everyone’s great heartbreak, his character had the ability to fly…however he did not after stepping off of 4th story dorm room building in an effort to prove to those who didn’t believe. There will always be those folks, but the group that I cavorted with and played many, many games with, never took the game more seriously than we did take seriously who drank the last Diet Coke, know what I mean?

I’m feeling exhausted now, end of a long day of staying down for the most part. Lots of body jumps, jerking me out of my skin, almost. I think they happen when I am most tired and bodily drained.

That’s it for now-

-peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...