Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Night Now

 

As of right now, 9:16 PM on Friday night, I'm working on relaxing at the end of a fairly tiring day, yet not a bad day. The highlight of today was taking any for a walk over at the park that's close by our house. Missy had a friend sleepover last night so the two girls along with Josh and my parents and I all went over to the park, along with Annie. I took any for two loops around the entire park while the kids rode bikes in the scooter and explored the park in the creek that runs through it. A landmark for today is that my dad wrote my bike over to the park and that the first time he has been on a bike in over 20 years, according to him; that we'll see how he feels tomorrow...
the temperatures were in the low 80's and I had plenty of water with me, so all in all I think everything went very well. I ran my chair until it had barely any battery life left and was able to ride home with it as well.

No attacks today and no crashes; after being out for as long as we were at the park, I thought it was quite possible that there might be a crash or a hit that would take place simply due to my being in the sun and the heat and being "on", but I am blessed to say that nothing negative transpired (other than a lady walking to small to medium size dog's who did not keep them on a short leash when they passed by me and Annie; one of the dogs continued to bark but did not come close to her while the other dog lunged at her four or five times without the owner doing much about keeping it away from any. At one point I was able to reach past Annie with my left arm and knock the dog about 4 or 5 feet away; and the lady kept walking, never said sorry, never apologized, nothing. Space space here I am protecting 100 pound dog from two 20 or 30 pound dogs, when in fact I'm actually protecting the two dogs, in reality. I'm pretty sure if I had let Annie go or if I had given any any length of leash at all she would've made short work of the two obnoxious pets.)

Well, I've been writing for about 30 minutes now and I'm tired. More later --

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...