Monday, July 06, 2009

It’s Been a While…

Where to begin? It’s been so long since I last posted. It kind of snowballs on itself, in that I feel frustrated and bad that I haven’t written and caught up here that I put it off, waiting in some sense to have more information to write and share, but the reality is that I should be just journaling daily and that would solve the issue. Of course, now that I think more about it and remember how I have been over the last couple weeks, I realize that I’ve had numerous hits/attacks that have interrupted all daily flow and plans, and I need to keep that in mind before I continue to rag on myself for my blogging absence. Same old, same old, I suppose.

Well, it's taken a long while for me to be able to get the new speech recognition software "Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10" installed onto this computer, because I was unfamiliar with the sound card layout of this computer; none of the plug-in locations on the sound card have any labels so it was a matter of trial and error to find out which one was the microphone input. Success. Of course, by using the recognition software, I'm likely to be much more verbose than I would be if I were just to be typing... :-)

My parents have come to visit for this week; they were in Oregon all of last week visiting a very dear friend of theirs who was celebrating her 97th birthday. On their way home to the Bay Area, they decided to come by our house and hang with us for the week. I expect that this week will be a pretty mellow week because we have no major things planned and no major accomplishments to be reached. Cc garden is doing really very well in the backyard; she planted corn, watermelon, tomatoes, squash, and pumpkins and all are growing just fine. It's the first time she's ever had a garden of any substantial nature, so she's very excited about this end we are all excited to see everything growing, to see the "fruits of our labor", so to speak. I need to post some pictures of our little garden... maybe I can get that done in my next post.

As for me and my health, over the last week or so, it seems that I've been getting between one and two days in between attacks which is better than no days in between attacks, but I sure would like to have more time than that in between the hits. Most of the time, were able to discern what the triggers have been for the attacks, but not in every case.

It’s 10:35 and I’m going to get this one posted and then see about another more complete one tomorrow.

Peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...