Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Day after Mother’s Day

 

Why must it always seem that I begin my blog posts at the time I should be going to bed…?  Perhaps, because that’s the reality.  *sigh*

Yesterday saw no attack, and that was a true blessing.  The only physical issues notable were lots of leg and feet cramps as well as body fatigues which forced me to sit and recline several times throughout the day. Today brought an attack triggered by the heat; that sucked.  Saturday also saw an attack as did Friday, I think.  Saturday’s attack was caused from eating at the local Mexican cantina.  Even though I ordered safe, I realized afterward that the grill which the food was prepared on was likely not cleaned of from previous food orders, so my lunch became guilty by association, if you will.  You don’t have to have added salt in your entree, but, if the entree prepared before yours has any salted seasonings, there will be some amount of carry-over onto your dish, unless the cook/chef completely and thoroughly cleans off the grill between entrees; Chili’s does this when I eat there, IF I ask for the manager’s involvement.  With my system being so fragile, in terms of dietary balance, I lose every time unless extra steps are taken to prevent the carry-over.

Mother’s day was a great day!  In short (for now), Missy decided on a dinner and dessert she wanted to prepare and cook, so she went shopping with her mom and grandma and selected the dinner’s ingredients (with a little cellular help from her proud daddy) and then she kept her mom and grandma out of the kitchen while she and her soux chef [ :o) ] prepared steak and chicken kabobs with fresh veggies and grilled pineapple!  T’was very yummy, indeed and no added salt to anything.  the only unnatural salting was within the balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing we used as the meat marinades, both the steak and chicken.

So, it’s now 11:59 PM and I need to stop.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...