Monday, June 22, 2009

Father’s Day Close

Today was a gift, in many ways; of key significance, no attacks and no crashes.  Following up to that, Missy gave me a wonderful choker/necklace for everyday wearing, I got to go on a shopping run with CC to Lowes and I got some neat one-on-one time with Joshy, just cuddling and listening to music this morning.  On any given day, just one of these would in actuality be a treat and blessing for me, but to include them all in one day was truly a blessing and gift, in my opinion.

Yesterday afternoon was a very good time, in that we went to our close friends’, Sean and Tiffany, who live in Davis.  We spent the better part of the evening there and, though I did crash, the evening was not destroyed and I was able to rest/sleep off the crash until it was time to go home and they got me out to the car and we left with no casualties on my end and the embarrassment was lessened due to the closeness of friendship and our 30-some-odd years of friendship with Sean.  We all had a good time.

I’ve found some White Stone recordings and am trying to lift them from a 4 track reel to reel tape using a 2 track machine running at half speed.  Sorry Mike, for taking so long to accomplish this and Sam, surprise…I was hoping to get them done and just email them to you, but it’s taking a long time to get done.

And just for my own record, Merrill Osmond of the Osmond Brothers (yes, the originals) had one of the very best “rock” voices on record, again, in my opinion.  Great *rasp* when needed and solid pitch and melodic range.

So, that’s it in a brief note.  I know I’m forgetting some things I would like to include, but at this point, it’s a no-go for tonight/this morning.  Praise God for a good day spent.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...