Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's now almost noon. I wrote the stuff below earlier but couldn't post for some Google reason.

It’s now 9:15 AM.
I woke up to my alarm at 7:00 and heard Jazzy quietly meow. I knew he’d made it through the night.
CC received an email from a good friend of hers this morning, replying to an email she must have composed before she left this morning around 5:15 AM, and CC noted in her email to her friend that “…Woke up to Jazzy sleeping next to Joshua. (Joshua does not like to sleep in his room alone when Missy is gone and our bed is too crowded with 3, so we make a bed on the floor at the foot of our bed for him to sleep on). Jazzy has never slept with the kids so this was so sweet to see him snuggled next to Joshy.” It warmed my heart to read that. Both CC and I and even the kids have been preparing to accept Shadow’s eventual passing, being that she’s in her 18th year and much weaker and frailer than she’s ever been. Watching Jazzy try to walk and fall and seem so incapacitated slowly shattered the more solid parts of my heart and resiliency inside.
I got dressed quietly so Joshy could continue to sleep and then lifted Jazzy while he laid in his bed, and placed him inside the bottom half of the cat carrier. [Last night; when we came home last night, Jazzy was far more than unhappy and clearly in pain/unsatisfied to some extent and could not lift himself to exit the carrier. He growled his low growls when I lifted him out of his carrier and placed him within the cat bed they alternate using from night to night. I placed our heating pad underneath a towels and placed that in the bottom of the bed and then placed Jazzy on top of that to keep him warm. The vet had suggested using a heating pad for him to keep warm, if he’d stay on it.
So, to take him back down to the vets this morning, I picked up his bed, heating blanket and all, and placed it back inside the bottom of the carrier and then re-attached the top of the carrier and took him back down to the vets by 7:30 AM. They took him in and said that they will continue to hydrate him and give him medications to battle the kidney issues they suspect are currently happening and we’ll just go day by day until he gets better or passes. We’ll pick him up each night and bring him back each morning, at this point, so he doesn’t have to be in the vets over night by himself, saving us an overnight charge and giving us a piece of mind that he’s with us and not alone.

Time to go to PT. More later when I get back.

Pray for direction; for hope, for a miracle, for our home, for my heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back from PT and we are about to head out for errands, Dr. appt for Joshy and a variety of other errands.
We plan to call in the next hour to check on Jazzy and see how he's progressing.
I didn't work hard at PT like I was wanting to, but worked "average" so I wouldn't use that opportunity as a physical vent which would logically come back and bite me tomorrow or later today with another attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...