Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Strong Dog

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Turns out, Annie is a tad bit stronger than I had given her credit for...yesterday evening, after returning back to our house from making one lap around the circle, our neighbor's dog, Shadow, was in their front yard, off leash and while Annie WAS on leash, she was wearing her shoulder harness, not the Gentle Leader which controls her head. The other dog postured and then made a false run towards her and then Annie charged back, only she was directly to my left and she manages to pull me over in the middle of the street. Once I went down Shadow came at her and they "quarreled" a little bit (no blood); I was still buckled into my chair and not going anywhere so I pulled in her leash and brought her up to me while the neighbor grabbed his dog and took her back into their yard. Missy was riding with me and Annie and was there to help me get unbuckled and stand, as well as my neighbor. The chair now has a few scratches on it but that's all. I hurt pretty good last night and wasn't sure if walking was going to be feasible today, however, after some extended sleep (I awoke at 3:30 and then again at 5:30, got up and had some cereal and then went back to bed), I was in decent shape, a little sore, but over all, decent shape. I'll not underestimate her again. That was a lot of weight for her to actually pull over; I was duly impressed.

Outside of that, things have been alright. We went and got replacement cell phones for CC and me and now are giving my old cell to Missy (she is THRILLED). Ryan at Wireless Toyz in Orangevale, did a great job of meeting our needs and configuring the costs and plans so that we ended up with the phones we wanted near the prices we were asking for. He's good goods, plus he remembered me from having been in there 2 years ago. He was interested in a customer, not a sale. Huge difference.

Well, that's it for now. Short and boring, I know, but that's better than long and medical, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...