Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Night Brief...again

Sunday, November 15, 2008

Yesterday was the final soccer game(s) for both Missy and Joshua. My aunt and uncle went to Missy's game with me and CC took Joshy to his game and then came to the end of Missy's game. Both the kids' teams lost their games but not due to lack of effort, whatsoever and that was very encouraging. They both played very hard and competed well showing very good effort.

Health-wise, I began to feel *poorly* as lunch came to a close and was able to get to the car on my own (holding Missy's hand) and was able to get into the house and upstairs with CC's help. I fell right to sleep and was out for a little over 3 hours but did not feel impressively better after sleeping and then wasn't able to go to sleep until after 1:30 AM. Grrrr.

Woke up this morning several times, uncomfortable and in some pain as I tried to sleep. And when I did actually get up, around 8:15 AM, my sheets smelled like locker-room sweat and I knew I would have to change the sheets AGAIN, sometime today. It is absolutely maddening to have to contend with this disease, even in its less-than-severe moments. I change clothes twice a day, on average, due to potassium crashes (drops) and our bedding is changed far more often than we would prefer, which of course means that much more laundry for every day to be done.
Yeah, I know I'm whining, but it's my blog; I can whine if I want to...I just won't feel good about it later, but oh well.
*sigh*

Missy wasn't feeling so well and stayed home from church, as did Joshua who needed to put the time into his homework, so it was CC and I who went to church, but we left my chair home and I caned it for the morning. Service was...different this morning; it felt disjointed and plagued with distractions. I was able to take notes and hear some things, but I took a hit from a potassium loss and was submerged in sweat for a good 15 or so minutes while my mind felt dizzy and my skin felt like it was burning all over my chest, arms, head, neck, hands and stomach. Normally those episodes (which happen daily) last only a few minutes and I can be back up and around within 15 minutes or, but this one knocked me down and left me in discomfort and wondering if another *shoe* was going to drop. As it was, no other shoe dropped today, however I have had one more episode of the same severity of sweating and even, just now, I dealt with a *normal* hit and only had to slow down on my typing for a couple minutes while my system came back to*normal*?
I did not feel connected today, not to church, not to my ladies, but I did feel more so connected to Joshua and also to God, though even that came from my own reading this morning in the book of Genesis, not from being in church. Mostly, today was a lonely day. Bummer.

Missy had her soccer party tonight at Godfather's Pizza (where I ordered......a salad.) and she received some kind words from her coach and a trophy commemorating her achievements in this season as a part of The Orangevale Eagles. Indeed, I was proud of her. I tried to post a video of her receiving her trophy but I couldn't get my phone to send it because the file was too big. Rats.

I have not mastered my eating cravings and my body does not hide that fact. If I don't get to bed and go to sleep before 10 PM, I end up needing to get up and go eat something in order to get to sleep and unfortunately, that normally coincides with my taking my meds, which bring about a definitive side effect of craving sweets (the methadone) and then it is very difficult to make good choices. It is up to me to make them but it is so very hard to say "no" to what I crave.
We shall see what tomorrow holds for me and for us and I am hopeful for some much needed rest while I sleep tonight.
May tomorrow be better than today.
yeah. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...