Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Night

Well, I made it through about half of the service yesterday before I realized I was in a battle to keep control before an attack hit, so we left early and came home. It hit full on when I was getting into the car in the parking lot and I was down for the rest of the day; it lasted over 8 hours. That's not saying that I was paralyzed for 8 hours but was unable to operate on my own, speak much or do anything. I see how it can be confusing when I say an attack lasted for "X" hours, when what I mean is that the first part of the attack, the violent or paralytic part, lasts up to 25 minutes or so, depending on how long it takes to get the potassium in me, and then the second part of the attack which is when I can't move much due to lack of strength or pain and my body remains down.

I did have another hit today after my aunt took me to Kaiser labs to get some labs done before tomorrow's doc appointment with my primary. Interesting is that my potassium was at 4.5 but my phosphorus was reasonably elevated. Normally, I hurt more with elevated phosphorus than I due with elevated potassium. Low potassium, however, will create great pain in nano-seconds within me and that hurts for a long time, typically.
I'm quite surprised that I was able to get up and walk around this evening after the hit this afternoon, but I'll not complain as much as I don't understand...if that makes any sense.

I hate this weather! I hate the heat up here! I'm not ready for summer and wish we could just "skip it" this year; that would make me very happy, indeed.

Prayers for tomorrow's visit to be attack-free and productive.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...