Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Re-cap

Today began unremarkably, health-wise anyway; CC took Joshy to his gymnastics class so I slept until 9:30 AM or so, and then shortly after 10:00 AM, Missy came down stairs and began her day as well.  She worked on some of her morning responsibilities while I ate some breakfast (1 and a half eggs with some cheese and a piece of potato bread toast with 1/2 a tablespoon of blackberry spread.  The morning was really, pretty much uneventful for the most part.  After eating, I realized that I was feeling nauseous and weak.  I wasn't sweating though.  Anyway, by the time CC came back home with Joshy, I was feeling very anxious and somewhat panicky that my chest was constricting, deep breaths weren't an option and my legs and hips were very week and undependable.  She got me some meds to help shut it all down but it took 2 doses to manage it, and even then I was still very aware that *something* was not level within me.  Add to this that my blood sugar has been remaining in the 180 - 275 range for the bast several days and we have some idea of a culprit.  Also, my bp has been running high again (150-180/90-101) without any clear cause.

Today was a down day and I feel like i missed out on time with my family and even my dog.  This is when the disease is at its most effective cerebrally in that I become bummed out and even depressed with this kind of scenario plays out for an extended period of time. Prayers for good sleep tonight and for the muscles to relax and mend and for a remarkable difference in my soreness and strength (in a positive way) come tomorrow.

Maroon 5's "Wake Up Call" is impressively put together, musically.  Pass on the video, but find the tune and listen to some nice, tight music that makes your neck work.  :o)

Time for bed-

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...