Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yet Another Tuesday...

So far today, no attacks or hits but a couple heavy sweats which keep me staying alert for any other signs.  Typically, when I suffer the sweats, an attack of one degree or another will take form and knock me down, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

I went to see my primary doctor this morning and saw him this afternoon...we were there by 10:30 AM for my 10:40 AM appointment and then waited a little over an hour and a half before he came into my room at 12:15 PM, approximately.  Even with the frustration of having to wait that long, no attack manifested and I got in and out without an attack.  I still, after all this time, get upset at myself for having to ride in one of their "shopping-cart-wheelchairs" they provide (they have no cushions or padding and it feels like you are sitting on an overturned shopping cart), but without them or my motorized chair, I would not be able to walk that long of a distance and back to the car, and I know it.  Some days are better than others, in terms of my life's independencies, but I tend to struggle more when I have to be carried and am unable to carry myself independently of others.  It's just self esteem issues that come and go, depending on the day.  *sigh*

I need to put together another daily eating/nutrition/BP (blood-pressure)/ BS(blood-sugar) chart which will track my daily comings and goings in terms of foods, snacks, blood pressure, blood sugars and attack symptoms for at least 2 to 4 weeks or longer.

Ok, well so, there was another mild sweat and heavy exhaustion hit which made me just lean my head back onto the back of the chair so my head wouldn't fall forward while I waited to be able to lift my head again and type.  As much as I still hate the fact that I'm not allowed to drive any longer, it is the wise thing because these symptoms give no warning whatsoever and once they present, I have no choice but to wait until they finish.  Grrr...just happened again, only this time my fingers were still on the keyboard and when I'm able to look back at the screen, I see that one finger had been holding down the "enter" key and this had scrolled a stupid amount of pages.  RAR!!!  I didn't lose any info or delete anything I wanted or typed, but it's that feeling, granted simple and small, that I did something I didn't intend to do.

Missy has a track meet today, even right now, but the high school hosting it has no shade in or around their football field and track, so I can't go because of the heat and no possible shade; that SUCKS, in my quiet, yet bashful demeanor...

I ordered a few Styx DVDs that were available used for a very good price; "Styx: Return to Paradise" which captures their reunion tour, back in the mid-to-late 90's and is quite good.  Also, "Styx: Caught in the Act" which is from the 80's during their Paradise Theater tour and I watched most of that yesterday while recovering from the hit in the afternoon.  "Caught in the Act" showcases them in their youthful prime and I think was their best selling tour to date; lots of energy on stage and passion in their work, though some parts were more staged than spontaneous.  But I'm a Styx fan and have always been a Styx fan, so these videos help me escape a few hours at a time when I am unable to physically escape the house or my circumstances.  I cannot remember the name of the third video, which has not arrived yet, but I trust I will enjoy it as much as I have these.

Yet another rest from typing...I guess I will stop and recline in the LazyB for a while and wait this out.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff Dunham Is by far my favorite comedian
    I have 2 of his dvds and will watch it once a month

    I am glad you went to see him
    Gary

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...