Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Morning and Day Incomplete *sigh*

  

Yesterday’s attack left its mark, in that my leg muscles are pretty sore and my ribs and chest are also fairly sore too.  This has become the  status quo for the past couple weeks now and is strongly reminiscent of 2006 – 2007; I’d REALLY rather not feel this poorly after attacks.

I was feeling alright for the morning (all things considered) but had a couple bouts of heavy sweats during the AM hours, which brought with them some concern.

[listening to some classic Kiss (“Detroit Rock City”) and Damn Yankees for some energetic motivation]

10:04 AM: It’s almost time to head to PT, so I will continue after I return…

…Well, it’s now 3:55 PM and PT went fine, though Mark noted that my muscles were in the “solid 7” range as far as tightness and pain (out of 10, with 1 being relaxed and stretched and 10 being the complete opposite) and I did not do any cardio, exercises or weight lifting.  :o(  *sigh*  I would not have made it through had I tried, and I knew it.

I went with CC to pick up the kids from school and it was nice to get out again and have some one on one time with CC, even if it was for a short time.

Since coming home, I’ve had one major bout of sweating, but nothing came from it.  My system is apparently very volatile and fragile at this point, but I’m not sure why.  It’s been this way almost this whole month of April.  Grrr.  I’ve been unable to keep my focus on point.

[OOTB (Out of the Blue…): I didn’t know that Tommy Shaw (of Styx) and Jack Blades (of Night Ranger) formed Shaw Blades after Damn Yankees.  And I thusly did not know that they made an album of cover songs…which sounds great!]

I’ve gotten lost in the music…it’s now 5:43 PM…but that’s a welcome break for me; most often, my best times of repair are while listening and or watching music performed.  Speaking of music, one of the things that this disease has cost me is my singing voice, at least for now.  I can barely keep a head tone going when listening to songs I know and I can’t really put any melodies to the tunes I write, which often leaves me unsatisfied when I’m trying to write something musically.  How many of us ever really think of what we might lose until we have lost it?  I never thought my vocal chords would be subjected to something like this, but muscles are muscles and they take a huge variety of forms throughout our bodies…just mine malfunction due to cellular malfunctions.

My niece Kirsten has come home from her extended trip to Africa!!!  I feel SO MUCH better now that she is back home.  Yay!

Closing out now, maybe more before I call it a night…

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...