Thursday, January 11, 2007

Addendum to Thursday the 11th

Thursday, January 11, 2006 addendum

This morning has been more of a downer in terms of my attitude. Partly due to my being up late and then getting up at 5:00 AM to wake up Missy, so I know that my state of energy has a direct reflection on my disposition, but I also called the insurance carrier for the disability to confirm what I had been told via friends and such, which is that my disability is non-tax and so the 60% I will receive will be of the gross income. Unfortunately, that is not the case with private carriers. It IS the case with State Disability which is likely what everyone was thinking. My income will be taxable and thus will be 60% of my take home amount and be literally 40% less than what I was bringing home.
I feel like I'm playing a life-game of the old game "Battleship" and it feels like, no matter where my ships are located on the board, I'm taking hits on each and every turn. I'm certain that's not accurate and I have NO desire to know that for a fact, but that is certainly how it feels this morning. It's so frustrating.

I guess I just need to continue to ask for prayers in a global sense; for emotional state, attitude, insight and awareness to see God's hand and control in this slow moving Category 4 tornado in my family's life, for financial balance and relief, for direction in every sense and for a sense of His caring shelter within the storm.
I realise that what I am experiencing could, in fact, be His protection and that He's carrying us right now even though we feel tired and worn as if from walking. I don't know is the bottom line but I don't want things to progress worse for me to get the "correct" perspective if I'm wrong.
*sigh*
-w

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...