Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Current:
Today was not a particularly bad day, but it felt like just a day helping me move onto the next…if that makes sense. After charging my truck battery all night, I took my truck down to AAA in Sac off Folsom Rd to Carl (from the tech team) who works there, and he put it through the diagnostic paces. Turns out the alternator is not putting anything out, so it needs to be pulled and returned to Kragen. It’ll cost almost $350 for AAA to replace it (part and labor) so I’ll do that tomorrow myself, but the rest if the work, the approximately $2,500.00 worth of work, cannot be pursued. Bummer. I really like this truck but we can’t make it a project too or a $$ drain at this point in our lives. I’m bummed by that, but so appreciative of Carl and Madoli who took care of having my truck looked at and Madoli kept me company while I waited for the inspection to finish.
I guess it is time to look for a new mode of transportation as well…

Seriously worthy of note was having the chance to let the kids see their cousin Kirsten in Hungary via webcam this morning. CC and I got to see her yesterday but couldn't speak to her due to our bad mic. The kids were SERIOUSLY thrilled as were we!
We love you hon, see you very soon!!!

Turning to late this morning and this afternoon...

Some symptoms have crept back; lower back pain, more weakness on right side, extreme fatigue and I’ve come to realize another one (like I needed another one). It has been progressively difficult for me to maintain a visual focus whether driving or typing, without having to blink and re-orient my sightlines since November. I don’t understand it and it has come to concern me. Driving for any extended period of time is proving difficult for me. With all the BS going on with Kaiser now, I don’t feel like I have anyone to bring THIS to as well. Driving home was requiring my re-focus about every minute while driving (I tried to time it) and that becomes very, very tiring and I think that is why I become increasingly tired when I drive; I’m making my mind and eyes work extra hard just to do simple exercises. Prayers on that are truly appreciated.

I took a nap for a couple hours after 3:30 and found it very difficult to get up from. I’m aware of CC’s concern to some level. Her concern is my concern. Sounds simple but is true.

I’ve learned more on the UCSF side; Dr. Ralph of their Neurology department is currently treating HKPP patients. That’s the place I believe I need to be at this point and that place we will tell Kaiser that we need to be referred to ASAP.

I’ve been crafting a letter to Kaiser for quite some time and hope to have it ready for hand delivery by the end of the week. We don’t want to wait any longer on that front.

Today’s entry is brief. More tomorrow, hopefully.
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...