Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007: Thursday morning

I realized as I lay awake in bed at 11:30 PM last night (just an hour ago) that I had iced tea this evening, and not just one glass of Red Robbin caffeinated iced tea, but 4 or 5 glasses of Red Robbin caffeinated iced tea. I took a sleep-gel cap 30 minutes ago and am waiting for the cavalry to arrive. Until then, the mind is flying and I'm locked into the seat until then.

I've realised another point of prayer: please pray for the housing market to rise in our area of Citrus Heights so we can have some options in our home and living. I have been counseled to be specific in our prayers, so here is one such specific. I know and believe that God is a God of specifics (take a look at the ark and the Ark of the Covenant) so I am going to be more specific. I was about to write "...so I am going to try to be more specific." and then heard my own words that I spoke to Joshua this evening as he said "I'm going to try and do better in class; really try and I'm going to try and not talk so much in class too." and I responded in true Yoda-like fashion, "Don't try. Do it. Trying implies the acceptance of not achieving your goal and we both know you are strong enough to succeed in what you know you need to do, so do it, don't try to do it. And I believe in you, Joshua. Mommy and I both do."
Nothing quite like self-conviction in real time.

Tag. I'm it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...