Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday, January 25, 2007 pt.2

Thursday, January 25, 2007 pt.2

So, to pick up from where I left off, I went in to Kaiser around 10:00 or so and spent the follow 3 hours with Kaiser in one for or the other. I spent 2 hours with Member Services, filling out more forms and making phone calls form my cell and then another hour at my primary’s office waiting for an in-house form to be completed and returned to me. As it was, I had to leave my primary’s office before the form was returned to me, so I could go and pick up the kids from school and then there was no time to go back and check on it.
So what’s the bottom line at this point? The bottom line is:
- Kaiser has only record of sending any disability paperwork to EDD (State) and nothing to MetLife
- Kaiser says they faxed the medical records were faxed on Jan 11 but the person responsible for the fax (in Kaiser) is now on vacation and will not be back until February 5 and she is the only one permitted to re-send the fax.
- Kaiser has moved on the EDD claim for disability, which we are likely not qualified for, but has not moved on the actual claim from MetLife.
- I filled out more forms to get the MetLife disability claim moving, besides whatever it was that Kaiser faxed a couple weeks ago.
- My primary is deciding what length of disability I will be on and I should know that within a couple days, I would guess.
- I’ve requested my entire medical chart from Kaiser, but will have to pay $.25 cents per page for their copying, so who knows how much that will end up costing, but whatever the cost, I need to have those records for our own benefit and logistics and in case something goes pathetically wrong with the Kaiser relationship.
- A person within Member Services took pity on me in the moment I was there for the two hours and she printed out my entire lab results and tests from 2001. 30 pages, I believe, of notes and numbers. At least I have that.

That’s all I can think of from that trip.
Yesterday’s doc visit with my primary saw an increase in my methadone and the addition of a med called Gabapentin to help with the chronic nerve and muscle pain that is present 24x7 now. Dealing with the meds slowly and keeping an eye on them and the amounts and all that fun stuff.

Wow. Life’s really tough right now. Mental and emotional meat grinder on slow.

Uh, okay. Parent’s are looking to come up on Saturday as are my sister and nephew too. We’ll strive for a day out up in Nevada City or Auburn with everyone except CC and Nana who will remain here at home. Nana cannot be left unattended now (anymore) and that gig now falls squarely on us for this time being. Answers from the doctors will yield the likely direction we will take as a family and for CC’s brother and her. They have much to figure out, unenviable in its smallest factor. A whole different kind of emotional meat grinder there, only those blades are dull.

Yeah.

That’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...