Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Morning, January 7

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Today is a good Sunday, so far…not that it should be a “bad” Sunday in some sort of opposition, but it’s been a pretty good morning, which is cool. We went to First Pres. Roseville where my buddy Craig runs shop. The sound was good and the mics were nicely dialed in and sounded very natural. He’s done a very good job there. The mix was different than if The Fetter'd One had been mixing, I believe, but not a bad mix. Guitar solos were prominent when they were supposed to be as was a bass solo. Craig was overseeing the volunteer crew he has for the weekends and I think mixes the 11:00 traditional service in the Sanctuary. I hope to catch a Sunday mix there where Craig is at the desk. We also go to see Beth as she arrived for the 9:45 service; very cool. They’re a blessing wherever they go, in my opinion.

Yesterday was a very good day. A first in our family’s history, believe it or not, we drove up into Nevada City to a State Park up there and road our mountain bikes. Yes, even me for a short ride. How cool is that?! We just played it by ear and let me set the pace for the most part. Price today is being somewhat sore as expected, actually less sore than I was expecting to be. It had snowed the night before so there was even some light snow on the ground as we rode through part of the mining park. I was SUPER proud of us and pleased to have ACTUALLY gotten out and done something physical. Returning to the van, we found that when one mountain bikes on somewhat wet and muddy paths…one can get, um….muddy? Joshy’s bike is in serious need of a bath, as are our bikes as well. When Joshy got off his bike at the van, he exclaimed “My bike is TRASHED! That’s awesome! It’s because I’m such a fast rider, huh?” Very cool and very dirty.
I caned the evening as we walked through several of the Nevada City shops before leaving the area around 5 or 6PM. Just the day before, I needed the cane for mobility without added pain, so, though this physical roller coaster is obnoxious on it’s nicest of days, I need to set my goals and pursue them in spite of my pain and limitations. Yesterday was a clear victory and example of that. Our family day out concluded with dinner at the Roseville Chili’s, thanks to a Christmas blessing from some very good friends of mine, Greg and Sue.

School begins tomorrow for the kids and for, subsequently, so no more leisurely mornings. Gone, big time. Missy now gets up at 5:00AM to get ready for school, right about the time CC is leaving to go to work.

More phone calls and emails for tomorrow as I try to figure out where to go from where we are now, medically and strategically.

Don’t forget to check out the prayer blog at
http://prayersandintercessions.blogspot.com/ and you are welcome to email me any requests you may have and I’ll post them on the site indefinitely, more or less, until we have an answer to prayer or until you ask them to be removed or something like that. I’m a sincere believer in prayer but I’m the last in line when it comes to being consistent in it, at least at this point in my life. I’m striving to change that, not not striving as hard as I could, I’m sure. A little conviction with my writing…hhmmmm.

Maybe more later or maybe just tomorrow.
Blessings. Peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...