Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday Addendum

Sunday Brief Addendum:

We went to Capital Christian Center for service this morning. Worship was pretty loud for all of us, but it was cool aside from that. Dennis Agaganian was there and sang two songs before the pastor spoke. After Dennis was the pastor for a few minutes then he welcomed a pastor who has been going through tough times, a friend of his. The guy was pretty dynamic and funny all the way to the end of his talk when he shared with all of us that he had had an affair and needed to ask the forgiveness of the congregation and then called his daughter up on stage and they both tearfully hugged and he then asked for anyone who needs prayer, healing or forgiveness to come forward and kneel, so Missy and I went forward and then Joshy came up too and we kneeled down in prayer and stayed there, kind of huddled together and prayed. Missy cried for while there, not sure why she was crying and Joshy was consoling her and me as best he could do, thinking it was necessary. So sweet.
The gent who had asked forgiveness came down and prayed with most folks, including me and the kids. CC was in the pew and said it was powerful to be there. She watched him walk through others to come to us and pray intensely as he did. Before we went back to our pew, two other folks came over and prayed with us and for us while we were there.
After service we came home and I noticed that I could walk better and shortly there after, I walked without my cane and have been walking without my cane now for a good tow hours or so. I played catch with the kids in the yard.
God owed me nothing but he relieved me of my pain for this afternoon anyway.
God is good regardless of me.
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...