Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Yesterday was looking like a reasonable day; began with breakfast, taking a new medicine to help my digestion, minimal cane, and CC working in the yard.
Erin and Tyler Creasey came over and I gave them a guitar lesson which was fun to do. I got to see them for a while, talk a bit work on guitar some and then we watched a little G3 scien we had been playing guitar and I was hoping they’d dig watching the maniacs show off on their respective instruments. It was very cool to see them and hang out a little bit. Erin is considering weekly lessons at this point, which would be cool, for sure.
After Erin and Tyler took off, I went out and took the alternator out of the truck and Joshy and I went to Kragen’s to have it tested. Joshy and I carried in the box/crate with the alternators (I had brought the other alternators I had in the garage as well since they won’t work on the truck) and I was frustrated and disappointed that no one in Kragen’s, not a staffer or waiting customer, would help Joshy and me as we struggled to carry the heavy crate containing the alternators. Sucky state of culture and society on the West coast. Bet ya if we were on the East Coast, we’d have been helped before we even got in the store…
Anyway, as it turned out, the alternator tested fine; passed all tests, sooo…….the issue isn’t the alternator. The guy there suggested replacing the Regulator and I told him we had already replaced it before, but he said it’s the more likely bad part, so I bought another one and will look for it somewhere in the engine area and then replace it when I install the alternator. There was a crack in the casing of the alternator I brought back for testing, where one of the mounting screws goes in, likely from my tightening the bolt too tightly…so he replaced the unit for another new one and we went back home. While I was driving home I began to have some vicious cramps and feel light headed. I drove home safely and managed to get back in the house and even test my blood and potassium. Blood was 122 (perfectly fine) and my K+ was 4.2, which is lower for me and often brings some pain with it, but not pain like this. CC needed some help in the shed due to putting the kayaks back in and when I got out to her another round of cramps hit and I could barely stand. Missy helped me back into the house and the rest of the day/night was spent pretty much on the bed. CC read the medicine’s label for possible side effects; “possible cramping, light headedness, dizziness, etc”. Nice. I felt doomed. At least we knew what the major contributor was.
When I was up from the bathroom, the chills began as I opened the bathroom door. I’m so thankful CC was right there when they hit; she helped me get back into bed and had already turned on a heating pad for my stomach so I was able to “fall” on it on the bed. Muscles pulled me into a fetal position, as much as they could, and I remained that way until the spasms stopped. They did stop after I don’t know how long. I felt like someone beat the sh*t out of me, all body/midsection punches. That’s how I feel today as well. Yesterday and last night were hell. Again. Glad it’s over, or at least appears to be over.
We plan to go to CapChristian this morning and I’ll just be slow; no real option there.

Prayers for no more pain today and for muscles to mellow out and relax.

-peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...