Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

It’s Wednesday and my potassium at 2:00 PM was 4.2

I’m actually feeling relatively well, all things considered. Once again, CC got up with the kids and allowed me to sleep in for a little while. I got up at 7:30, got to see the kids before they took off for school which is a big moral boost for me each morning. CC had her doc appointment at 9, so she figured she would just get them up and going for this morning being that she had to get up and ready to go to her appointment anyway.
I went and had breakfast with Rob and that time, as our time always is, was very cool and fairly kick back. Rob, if you are reading this, thanks for the time this morning, I really enjoyed the time with you. Have a great valentine’s day/evening bro.
Also as last was at this time, my walking isn’t as difficult as it could be and I’m walking about the house without the cane, for the most part. I feel blessed that it is no longer an attitude thing to use the cane as it was, though I’d be elated to never use one again, at this point in my life, I’m blessed to be vertical and mobile. I should end that one right there.

Still experiencing small spasms here and there as well as the crazy body sweats and body temp chilling to where my hands and arms are cold as ice (Foreigner tune reference…) so I’ve already had to change 2 shirts so far due to them being very damp from sweat. Yucky, I agree and maybe more info than you would have wanted, but then again, I can write anything I want… so I am keeping record for possible future medical use regarding history, dates and times.

I cancelled my “Behavioral Medicine” appointment and will not reschedule it. I was strongly cautioned by a couple folks on the HKPP list that it is far more likely that the results of that appointment would likely be used in favor of Kaiser’s “flavors, theories and hypotheses” rather then use in ruling out issues and such, if that makes sense. In other words, I don’t want to contribute to something that might turn around and be used against me while I am pursuing better behavior on the part of the Kaiser folks. Some folks on line shared that their evaluations were ultimately used against their diagnosis rather than the other way around. Kind of like my taking the genetics test and then having those within the system there use that as evidence against my diagnosis. The WHOLE thing is STUPID, however, there is a whole thing to be reckoned with, like it or not, so I need to be vigilant as well as diligent in my efforts to receive adequate and appropriate medical care and attention; something I should NOT have to fight for, period. The whole topic just pisses me off.


Us.



I Got CC a heart-shaped box of candy with a card along with a small, but colorful, bouquet of flowers for her and the kids and Nana as well. We had agreed with each other that we would not get each other anything because of our financial state, but I figured that if there is an agreement we SHOULDN’T have to make, THAT would be one of them so I broke the agreement. So there.
She deserves flowers every morning.
She deserves a card of love each day.
She deserves breakfast in bed.
She deserves a life without migraines.
She deserves far better than me, but I’ve been given a gift to love, care for and cherish for all of my days regardless of where I may be.
He gave her to me and He gave me to her permanently 18 years ago this coming September.
I realized my gift 24 years ago, meeting her in a dance club in Saratoga and have since learned what it truly means to love someone with all that you humanly have.
She’s more beautiful now than she was then, and back then she turned heads in every club and mall she entered.
She is my love.
She is my valentine.
She is my wife.
A priceless gift.

Fine

Peace-

2 comments:

  1. i hope i can have as amazing a marriage as you guys...you make me happy : -)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:54 PM

    How wonderful that you treasure God's gifts on Earth as you do the gift of CC. It is a sad sad shame that other husbands and wifes don't see each other as gifts. Rock on Wade and CC. To quote a wise wise being "Love one another." If that is all you have done at the end of the day, God is proud of you for you have done His work!!

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...