Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday, February 08, 2007 - finished

Thursday, February 08, 2007 - finished

This morning my blood sugar is 105
My potassium is 4.0
Hip pain, lower back pain, weak, need a cane to walk
Frustrated.
Taking 10mEq of liquid potassium with some apple juice
Within probably 15 to 20 minutes, I was clear-headed (more-so than I was before I took it. I wasn’t aware that I was foggy until after taking the potassium) and feeling stronger, for lack of a better word.
Nice.

Kaiser sent us a letter in recognition of the email I had sent them asking for a referral to UCSF to Dr. Ralph. Funny; The letter states that they are considering my request for the referral to UCSF but specifically for the study that was/is being conducted. I didn’t ask for that in my email this last time. I just asked for a straight up referral. I find it humorous that they assumed the intent of my request, incorrectly.
So, I’m going to stop writing this and write another email to them correcting the error they have noted as to intent and will send that off to clarify.
Kaiser, unfortunately, seems to think that HKPP is impressively rare and that there are very few doctors world-wide that even know of the disease, let alone treat it, etc. They are wrong. And their ignorance and defensiveness on the matter is problematic for any patients who may be suffering from the disease. Inappropriate and unprofessional, in my opinion.

I almost forgot to include that fact that I made a new friend yesterday through the Church Music List on Yahoo. He's the Worship Pastor at a church in Rancho Cordova and was hoping for some assistance in changing stage volume, set up and communication/control of the technical and stage aspects. I'm excited to help and get to know him further.

Moving on, back in a bit…


It’s now 7:35 and I just took my potassium again and it is 3.9, which answers why I feel as I do again. It tracks to a great extent. While at Karate tonight, all of a sudden I began to sweat like crazy, especially my head and torso. My glasses began to fog and had to be taken off. Muscle aches in my lower back and mid-back in particular and just over-all weakness. I just ate a banana and am now going to go and sit down for dinner as well.

More on the truck and what we’ve learned on it today…
Actually, just finished dinner and I feel fairly lousy, so I’m going to bed. It’s 8:00 PM.
The truck is at an AAMCO dealer in Rancho Cordova to check out the transmission; I should know more from them tomorrow by noon.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...