Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This likely be another brief entry; reflecting on the past 24 hours or so.
Yesterday was a crowded day, but one of many wonderful moments, some of those moments being shorter than preferred as well.
My morning, yesterday, was spent with Missy and Josh working on their respective homework and though I didn’t feel I made as impacting an influence on them as I desired to, I think they accomplished their targeted goal. After being with them for the morning, I borrowed dad’s truck and drove down to MPPC and spent a few hours there with some of my friends. As I waited outside Doug’s door for our 1:00 PM meet, he came out from a doorway further down the hallway, along with some of the other staff of the Worship Department, so my blessing was multiplied by getting to see Debbie, Sue, Jane and Anton; I was further blessed by being the recipient of some long-missed loving hugs from some of my favorite ladies of Worship.
More than blessed me.
After seeing them, ever so briefly, I moved into Doug’s office and we sat in our “usual” seats in his office, both chuckling at the fact that he offered me the chair next to his desk, which he ALWAYS would offer me when I would come to his office for a “chat”, whether one I wanted or not, but I would always refuse the offer (which I refused again yesterday) because whenever we would have staff meetings in his office, particularly on Monday mornings, Debbie would sit in that chair…no else ever really dared to sit in it because it is Debbie’s Chair…not so much that she thought so, but we all did, and it was often funny to us as a staff but along with it being funny yesterday, it was poignant for a moment in reflection and appreciation; a very unique moment for me, even in its humor. So, moving on. Doug and talked together for nearly an hour and that was very special to me. He doesn’t give his time freely and values it almost strategically in a sense, but in reflection now, it’s not a negative thing to me as I think I perceived at one time; those who get some quality time with him have an appreciation for that time and I enjoyed my time there, then. Don’t interpret criticism ANYWHERE into the previous paragraph, none was written or intended. Cool? Cool.
After leaving his office, I strolled to Robert Iriartborde’s office (in the same wing of buildings my office was in) and got to see Pastor Frank VanderZwan and catch up with him for a few minutes. By far, he was my favorite pastor at MPPC during my tenure there. After chatting with him briefly, I hung out with Robert in his office for a few minutes. Jesse Rice came in and said "hi" which was cool and then James Benton did the same and then Trudi came into the office area and said that she had heard that there had been a reported “Wade Sighting” and she went out on the hunt looking to see if it was true. Made me feel pretty good, plus Trudi is one of those friends whose value in “friendship interest” compounds with time. Then I left Rob’s office and joined Trudi and my dear friend Kent as they walked together to Peet’s Coffee, literally across the street from the church, which is apparently their daily tradition, or ritual, depending on who you ask. They scored their double-shot-espresso-fix while I was treated to a hot chocolate…yes, I do believe most are embarrassed to order drinks with or for me…anyway, Trudi headed back to campus and Kent and I sat in a corner of Peet’s and reminisced, joked, laughed, enjoyed, listened and shared life with one another for the little time we had together. Once again, I found myself desiring to stay for the day to just shadow him and listen to him and his words of tangible wisdom which bless the hearts and souls of those who slow down long enough to hear them. Kent is the definition of “my friend”. He is my friend and I am blessed.
I left MPPC and went back to San Carlos and met up with CC, Kirsten and the kids at Burton Park, where they were playing ball and having fun.
From there we went to Mi Ranchito for dinner and then some ice cream and then back home. After being home for a while, my buddy of so many years, Dan Cooperider came by and we talked for a good couple hours. He’s one of those close, real, genuine honest friends. I thought my day wouldn’t get any better after getting the hugs in the hallway at MPPC…and here I am hanging out with who was my guitar mentor and truly is my very, very good friend of many, many years. He hung out for a while and we laughed a lot and had a great time sitting and talking. Once again, I was blessed nearly beyond words.

Today was our trip to San Jose and the Tech Museum for the entire day. We had a GREAT time and I lasted the whole day! We had the best family time together even through dinner at Armadillo Willie’s in Los Altos; think beef brisket that’s been smoking for several hours…it’s “oh my goodness” good.

We stopped in on the Ash Wednesday service at TPC and then came home and now are heading to bed…er..couch. CC’s already in her sleeping bag and I’m closing this out. Tomorrow is early lunch with Art Yeap and his wife Katherine in the City and then back home. Prayers for safe travels are coveted.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...