Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Evening Brief

Friday, December 01, 2006

Afternoon-
Today has been the best day so far; No cane used yesterday and none today so far. Very cool.
I feel pretty good over all and was able to go with CC to Safeway for a fairly quick shopping trip this afternoon, something I couldn’t conceive doing since mid-October. It may seem like a mundane thing, but it is reasonably critical exercise for me to be able to do at this point. My self esteem wraps itself around ordinary things that take mild to medium effort and I need to be able to perform these tasks without significant penalty to feel as though I am progressing from the weakened state I’ve been in, so going shopping is a victory at this point.
I’m struggling with the shoulder pain which remains constant and occasionally is pretty tough to deal with.

Evening-
I can tell, after the fact, that the pain has influenced my disposition and mood. My mood has slowly declined as the day progressed and I now find myself in the place of feeling the need to apologize to CC for my mood, though I did not aim any frustrations in her direction, she still had to put up with or better said, endure my mood. Grrr.

Much of the work today was spent dealing with refinance possibilities and subsequent phone calls and checking into 0% credit cards to pick one to use. We made some partial headway, but will have to wait until tomorrow to connect with the finance folks for the refi and we can’t pursue the cards until we decide the refi situation.

Another dinner was brought tonight and it must be said that the ministry of helps in bringing dinners to folks in need of them is a true blessing and we hope to find ourselves in the place where we can be one of the families who is bringing dinners to others. It’s so cool. It’s all kindness.

I got to see some folks at work today when CC and I were there for insurance stuff. It was heartwarming to see all of them. Pastor Josh was there this time as was Nicko, so we got to see them for a couple minutes. Those couple minutes were cool for me.

Well, I’m not going to write much more…I’m tired of today, you know?

See you tomorrow-
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...