Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Re-Cap

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Boy. The hits keep coming. CC took Joshy in to Kaiser tonight because in a matter of a few minutes, he went from “I don’t feel so good” which is how he was all day to passed out on the couch and his temp kicked to over 103. Turns out that he doesn’t have Strep, but had Croup and now has joined me and Nana in the pneumonia category. If it wasn’t actually happening in my house, I’d be having a difficult time believing all of this happening to one family in one small frame of time. He’s a pretty sick boy and I spent a good 20 minutes calming Missy down who is scared by all the sickness and seeing Joshy’s face looking so helpless.

Please be praying for our collective health and for CC’s as well; that she STAYS well.

We went to Walnut Creek this morning for my appointment with the neurologist for the second opinion and he was not convinced that I am contending with HKPP, but doesn’t know what else it would be, either. End result, no immediate referral to UCSF as we had been hoping for, so the question is “What now?” It feels to me like I am nearly back at the beginning where we didn’t know what was going on, though with what I know now, I know that these attacks are related and are linked with potassium.

My buddy Scott Shuford called me to let me know that he had just heard on the radio that Genesis is re-uniting after 15 years and is planning a 2007 European large arena tour. Check it out here:
http://www.genesis-music.com/

So it’s 8:48 and I’m in bed and calling it. CC’s sleeping next to Joshy on the hide-a-bed in the family room to keep an eye on him.

As if you’re not tired of hearing this, any prayers are coveted.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...