Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunday Night Collection

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Writing again- Today’s approach is likely to be scattered…apologies in advance.

Sorry to have been absent for a couple days; I’ve been very tired and the energy I had went to other things and it was clearly time to sleep before I got another burst of energy to write.

Today is Sunday and due to the later evening last night and just flat-out being tired, I slept in. My parents came up Friday night late and stayed until this afternoon. What a huge blessing. My dad too me up to Auburn to a church up there that he and I had done a sound system install for in late October, very early November and I needed to train the folks that they had gotten together. My issue was that I haven’t been able to drive for a while again due to the severe motion-nausea and thus I have not been able to get up there to take care of it. Dad specifically came up with the intention of helping me accomplish this task and we were successful and out to there within 2 hours on site. We left a bit before 8:00AM to head over to Kinko’s to make copies of the 9 page operating manual I wrote for them, only to find that Kinko’s was closed and didn’t open until 9:00 AM…weird. I was certain that Kinko’s was 24 hours. I was wrong. So we left a little after 8:00 and stopped at a Denny’s in Auburn and I scored some eggs and some hashbrowns and that did me very well for the morning. I battled the nausea all the way up there though and wasn’t sure if I’d even be able to eat alright, though I knew that I HAD to eat in order to take my morning pills. I was able to eat and Denny’s did themselves proud with very quick service and we were in and out of there within 20-25 minutes. After getting to the church we kicked into gear and got the teaching underway and concluded. Coming home was the same nausea-wise and the trip was not much fun, though I get through it by just closing my eyes and trying to focus elsewhere if I can. I will be ESCTATIC when this condition is done.

-We had a friend call CC tonight and one of her points of sharing was that our household appears to be under some massive spiritual attack right now. It’s helpful to get a does of reality every once in a while and have your winds restored, so to speak. When you’re busy getting your butt kicked, I’ve found it easy to miss the obvious. I’m appreciative for the quick reminder of wisdom.

A good buddy of mine, Erin, needed to borrow my truck last week so he could have a truck that had a tow package to move some trailers for the week, so I warmed the truck up for him on Monday before he arrived and when he got there, it died in my driveway. After fussing with it for a short bit we jumped it and he was on his way. Throughout the week he had it (last week), he called to let me know that he checked the fluids and took care of that stuff but that the truck still isn’t behaving properly and that the battery isn’t charging via the alternator. Long story short, he accomplished what he wanted to and brought it back with a couple alternators and regulators he had found in his garage in case one of them might work for the truck. So dad worked on the truck yesterday after Auburn and this morning as well and the alternator tested positive/working at Kragen’s but the battery still wasn’t charging. He took it over to my cousin’s place off Antelope and he measured it there at my cousin’s place and found it was putting out 30 volts output (it should put out 14 – 16 volts). Winchester Mystery Truck.
So, after replacing the regulator the truck seems to still be in the same condition so I’m charging the battery with an AC battery charger and hope to take it out tomorrow.
Any ideas anyone?
I’ve none.
We can’t afford a mechanic or shop so I need some “home remedies” if at all possible.

I worked in the Music room for an hour or so and got it cleaned up and looking pretty good. CC feels better I’m sure.

Also this afternoon, Joshy showed me a Styrofoam snowman he was making as a present for someone and was talking about it surfing (he was remembering he and me watching the surfing DVD my good buddy George from LA sent me to borrow) and I suggested that he and I make a surfboard for the snowman to be on and in no time, we were off. I went to the garage and found some scrap flooring we had used from in the dining room and then came back in and pulled up a JPEG of an image of a surfboard and sketched a surfboard in a similar size for the snowman and Joshy and went outside, set up the saw horses and began to get it done. About 30 minutes later we were done and Joshy was stoked. It felt very cool and very good to go out there and just do something; think it, draw it, cut it and then sand it down. He was very happy and had the snowman surf the whole house so the snowman could know what the house looked like while surfing. So very cool.

Last night was the Church staff Christmas party at the Cliff House. It was great to see the different folks I haven’t seen in a while, but Pastor Josh Flood wasn’t there and that left a hole in my evening. It would have been great to see him. I’m looking forward to seeing him when he returns. The evening consisted of a rear room at the Cliff House with a beautiful view of Lake Natomas, cheese and cracker appetizers, a very tasty salad and a main course of either chicken, fish or prime rib. It was very cool to see folks again and catch up, albeit briefly. CC and I sat next to Rob on my left and Craig and Beth Fetter on CC’s right.


I hadn’t gotten to see Mark from Facilities since I’ve been out and seeing him last night was very cool as well. He’s one of God’s true blessings to FOP. The pic is of Mr. Mark. :-o)

After the dinner, we took Rob home to his new home he just bought and we got the cool tour. It’s a beautiful home, nice size for him and really nice layout. He’s missing quite a bit of furniture but has it on order, though he’s got the sound system hooked up with the plasma! He rocks. CC and I are stoked for him. I enjoyed the evening as much as I did because I was able to hook up with him, primarily. The significant piece of this whole disability puzzle that frustrates me most is missing out on his life and the lives of my other friends there because when you simply aren’t there, life happens without you and folks move on. Not that that is wrong or anything of that sort, but it is frustrating, sincerely.

Back here on the home front, I’ve been listening to quite a bit of Tchaikovsky and some to Mozart as well. It helps when I am writing, emailing and such. Even the other night, to go to sleep, I brought the laptop into the bedroom and played most of the cuts from “The Nutcracker” and found it more then pleasant to go to sleep by. Even now, as I type away, more Tchaikovsky through the headphones. I had shared with CC that I would like to go to a symphony again to just take it in now, since I’m in such a different place than I’ve ever been. If we can figure it out, we would like to try to take Missy and Josh to a performance of the Nutcracker before it closes this winter. Either in Sacramento or in San Francisco.

It looks like we will stay up here for Christmas and not be heading to the Bay Area as we had thought we might. This Christmas will be the first Christmas that CC and I are both going to be home for in over 8 years. How cool is that. Another resulting blessing of an un-preferred condition.

I found an adapter that I need in order to run my mic though my guitar processor which will give me some heavy duty cool effects vocally. I’m hoping that will inspire my desire to try some vocal things soon. I haven’ written any more lyrics but will see if any are there tonight after I finish this.


Annie says "Good Night..."

Time to conclude and get on to the rest of tonight.
-peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...