Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday's Cry For Help

Friday, December 8, 2006

Okay…challenging topic. I’ve broken it into sections because word has it I’m a little verbose, and some folks just want the facts…which I eventually get to…eventually…:

Preface:
Since we have had to accept the route of disability, we knew we would not be able to make our bills for the next 3 months and we have been racking our brains trying to creatively figure out a way to meet our living expenses. We have exhausted just about everything on our list and down towards the bottom of the list was something called a benevolent or trust account, something a friend suggested to us to pursue. A benevolent account is one where the account is set up as a trust, and folks can “donate” to the trust and end up with some kind of write off. We found out today that the cost to open such an account is $1000.00 so that’s out of the question, unfortunately.

Cutting To The Chase:
Our bottom line is that my income from work stopped in mid-November and we are in serious need of financial help to get through the next 3 months, until I can resume full time work with a full time wage. Anyone reading this is in a position to help us please pray about it and see if that is workable. I’ve asked my parent’s to be the point of contact for any help that may come from this.
Their phone number is 650-591-6812 and their email addresses are
l.odum@comcast.net and d.odum@comcast.net and any help you might be able to send can go to them and they will see to its deposit on our behalf.
I’m uncomfortable to my core asking for help.

Immediate Concern:
Our mortgage payment this month is due by the 15th (in 7 days) and even IF the insurance company accepts the claim (they should have a decision made by the 15th), the insurance payments won’t begin until some time after the 15th.
Though this is not generally a topic of conversation, for reasons pertaining to our cry for help I am including it. Our monthly mortgage payment is roughly $2,750.00 of which we have $0.00 due to my lack of income from the second half of November.
Insurance payments should total 60% of my normal pay and my checks went to mortgage, gas and groceries while CC’s checks from her part time position with Kaiser go to bills, utilities and groceries, etc. Due to the fact that she is the only stable driver for the family and is the care giver for her mother who lives with us, she cannot go full time with Kaiser at this point in our lives.

Wade’s Clarification and State of Mind:
I do realize that I did not bring on this medical scenario myself and that life happens. I have some friends and family who feel pretty strongly that giving money simply to help folks out of situations is senseless because the real answer to is teach them how not to find themselves in the needing circumstance or situation. Though I am familiar and agree with the analogy that “it is better to teach hungry folks how to fish instead of just supplying fish for their meals”, these circumstances are not commonplace in our lives and our situation unfamiliar to us; we were unprepared for this turn of events.
I don’t know how to continue this entry at this point. I wasn’t sure what I was going to write in the first place, only that I felt I needed to write something instead of trying to individually ask certain people that I perceive might be in a position to help. I don’t even want to ask ANYONE in the first place.

Lastly and importantly:
If you feel my (this) approach is inappropriate in any way, please forgive me, I can honestly say and write that I don’t know what else to do.
Seriously, if you have any practical suggestions for us, please email me at
v12.pilot@comcast.net or call me on my cell, which you should have.

peace-

w

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:48 PM

    It's very difficult to ask for help.

    Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
    9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

    ~BassMonkey

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...