Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday, December 2...brief

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Today has been a good day for the most part…I moved some gear around in the house and am paying the pain price for it, though it’s not a big deal at this point; more just a nuisance
I asked CC about considering moving our dinner location from the dining room to the main family room where we have the round table of her mom’s; that room has been for homework, mostly and light scale gatherings and such. I was asking her to consider my moving my music gear into the dining room and making that a “studio-esque” type of space for me to work on music, because if I’m going to work on it in any actual fashion, it cannot be in a “set it up for a few hours and then strike it” kind of scenario, which she agreed with, so, this afternoon I moved my gear into the dining room and set up the keyboards, modules, guitar gear, small mixer and laptop. After spending an hour or so playing around, I had come up with a riff/pattern that I liked from a previous started idea, and began laying down some guitar to it. Joshy finished his homework and came in to see what I was doing. No sooner had he seen me with my guitar on, he then took off quickly form the room and came back with his “electric guitar” (a gift from Pa, CC’s father who passed away 5 years ago) and he pulled up a small chair and sat next to me and began to strum away. It doesn’t get much cuter than that, and it was deeply affirming to continue investing in his musical exploration and interests. I set up the mixer so two headphones could be hooked up and he jammed away with my tracks as I was doing the same and recording overdubs.

We’ll have to see if something actually comes from the riff and 4 minute idea. I’ll have to figure out how I can feel comfortable recording vocals with anyone in the house. I normally do not like to have anyone but close “band” members in the studio when I lay vocal tracks down, but I’m in NO band at this point and the house is populated with at least one constant person, nearly 24x7 (Nana), so I’m not certain how that will work out.

Well, the back pain is kicking my butt, even with the methadone, so tomorrow will bring a new day and hopefully a rested back.

Sol, I’m not going to write much more…check in tomorrow…

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...