Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday Morning Reflections

Thursday, December 7, 2006

What a difference a night makes, as well as antibiotics. I slept most of the way through the night with no real issues and woke up this morning with some fair congestion coating the sore throat, but at least the throat’s not killing me. I feel fairly rested as well and a like I’m a good distance from yesterday’s anxiety. My head’s more level at least. Stomach hates me but my heads more level...

There’s work to be done today for sure;

  • call on the disability claim to find out its status
  • Drink a silly amount of water/fluid
  • contact Member Services regarding reimbursing us for the Cardy Meter
  • prepare a writing
  • see if I can turn out an article on Media Technologies for a magazine
  • Drink more silly amounts of water/fluid
  • Clean up the “Music Room” from its initial setting up
  • see if last night’s lyrical outburst is a fluke
  • Call on 0% cards for a balance transfer
  • Drink more silly amounts of water/fluid

And some more things that aren’t coming to mind yet…

So, I’ll begin my advance on the list and see how I do. I feel pretty badly sick-wise, but my mind is in a better place for the time being.

We just had two Watchtower gals come by offering a us a book to read for the holidays. Annie was outside in the back so they were greeted by CC and then me. I was telling CC that they don’t deserve to be greeted by Annie (through the steel and Plexiglas storm door) unless they are hesitant to take “No thank you. I work for Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church and am pretty set on my reading materials.” for an answer. If they are persistent, then I feel it is fine for them to be greeted by the largest of our four-legged family members. No need this time.
Digression: It brings to mind one day a week or so ago when I was going to leave for someplace and had noticed a “youth” being dropped off by a black Camaro, down and across the street (It’s not uncommon for “kids” or youths to be dropped off in neighborhoods and then monitored by the “sponsor” in the car who makes sure that the kids go from house to house soliciting whatever they have. Sometimes these are totally good kids and the vehicle is a large van with lots of kids or youths to canvas an area, and then there are times like the one I’m recounting where the look and feel of it is pretty shady.) and since I was going to be gone when this kids likely came by, I locked the storm door but left the front door open and left Annie in the house with Nana. I instructed Nana not to open the door for any reason, or we’d be sued, but to leave Annie inside with her so that a clear message was sent in advance of the youth’s actual approach at the door (When Annie is inside, she normally hears or sees folks on the street and generally on the walkway and begins to bark rather ferociously.). When I returned I asked if anything had happened and she said that it went down as I had suggested it might; The youth came up the driveway and Annie began to bark but as he approached the front door Annie became very concerned and barked accordingly. Nana Said she told the guy that we were not interested in buying anything and that the guy became upset and telling her that she should buy something and when she said “no” he threw his arms up in the air in frustration and kinda yelled at her about not evening looking at what he was selling so she suggested she open the door and he began to back down the walkway and swore at her. The scary thought is what would he have been trying to do if Annie wasn’t there? I felt very good about the message he received and hope that if he was on the up and up, that he would learn to take “no” as an answer more graciously, especially if he wants to continue cold-calling potential customers like homeowners or renters.

Anyway, on to the day and a few Ritz crackers and some water…fun, fun, fun.


-w

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Wade

    What I love is when real estate people come knocking on the door--you listen to their pitch, smile , nod & then tell them you rent. It's funny to watch thier shoulders drop.
    When we lived in Placentia I did the laundry most weekends at the local laundramat--the Watchtower crowd would knock on my car window while I drank coffee & read the paper, then proceed inside. I'd follow them in picking up their little booklets & chucking them in the trash. They didn't like me. I thought it was pretty funny.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...